Louie Roberts 1979 U.S. Open

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, Terry, Doc, 1pocket:

I was sure it was the Biltmore, but it's been a while. What were the dates of the event?

I took Mrs. JohnnyP to a tourney at the Biltmore several years later, maybe in '87 or '88. Seemed like it was the same place.

The seating was upstairs, like a theatre. The tables were a ways off, though you could still make out the play.

gulfportdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JohnnyP said:
Jay, Terry, Doc, 1pocket:

I was sure it was the Biltmore, but it's been a while. What were the dates of the event?
Johnny, as far as I remember, the World Pocket Billiards Championships were held in the month of February during the years they were held in L.A. They were held there for at least 4 consecutive years: 1969-72.

Doc

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry Ardeno said:
I added a response to your question re: Lisciotti but I inadvertantly put it inside your quote above. (Rocket scientist I am NOT)
I have so many sources built up over the years...One example...I needed Luther Lassiter's birthday. It was never listed anywhere. The BCA didn't have it (no surprise) so it dawned on me that since Wimpy had served in the US Coast Guard, he would have a social security #, so I went to the SS death index & located it there. Some of this is fun, but lots of it is a waste of time because of dead ends.
SJM, I don't understand how the BCA can have a "Hall of Fame", albeit in name only since no such place exists, and not have any info on the greats enshrined other than the paragraph posted. To me, it's obviously not their passion, simply a job. Cicero Murphy never won 1 BCA sanctioned event, yet he is in their HOF. Yet, Bennie Allen, Hopkins and a slew of other multi titled winners are not. They won't even consider guys like Grady Mathews because I was told, "he never won a BCA sanctioned event"....Oh well!
How about Maurice Daly for crying out loud. The man shot for days without missing a carom. 1000's and World Champ many times against some of the greatest in history. I guess it took some kind of threat or something for Ceulemans to get in. Really poor for a so called Hall of Fame