Lying Laurie Franklin of SW cues

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
SouthWest is just one of many "NAME" cues , life won't end if you don't get one ... It is very petty and shallow to publicly air your disappointment . Laurie is doing the best she can . I personally have visited her and truly admire her for making a living making cues as I have made them myself . I used to have one ( from early 80's made by Jerry) that was made for Jimmy Mataya ... Played good . After 2 unsuccessful attempts to buy her cues in person , I started making my own . I've had the gambit of so-called name brands and truly believe that their names do not mean great playing cues !!! The flippers and no playing turds have set the prices because idiots are paying them . My advice , since good woods are getting harder to get , I would call PRATHER , or Andy Gilbert . They seem to have good woods ! Thats what is most important , don't pay for a name when it's all about playing the game . Get off little Laurie because she is a real sweetheart and should be admired for her work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man , people nowadays , I say spank the hell out of your children , maybe the future will improve ...

Part of what you say is true. It is like saying it is the Indian, not the Bow & Arrow. But if someone want to wait 12 year for their dream Cue, that is also OK by me. My SouthWest Number should come up in Mid 2020. Then I will decide MerrowMerry Widow, Six Pointer, and the pick the Wood Combination. The only draw back got the wait is the price also went up for 1200 -1500 bucks to who know what??

Laurie is selling something in DEMANA, and if you want a Southwest you have choices.

Southwest Tribute from any number of builders.

Southwest pre owned.

New Southwest from some person who is making a profit.

Call Laurie, get on th list wait your turns, pick you dream, pay deposit, wait for build, and wait for delivery.

Faux Southwest Decal Cue from offshore.

Your choice.:grin:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Can we close/end this forum thread already?

Why would you want to close the thread, don't you believe in 1st. Amendment?

If you don't like the content, or its boring, or personally makes you upset. Ignor, and do not participate.:eek:

People are constantly asking the same questions some person asked a month, ninety days, or years ago. Forum are very repetitive, and at time boring.

What make old question intresting, is new ideas, people share for free.

It's like the age old Cigar Forum Question? Why are Cuban Cigars better then the one from Hondauras, Nicagraga, Domitician Repulbic, or other places the USA has FREE TRADE with? Cubans are not, thy are different, different soil, Tabacco, growing & making & storing methoids.:embarrassed2:

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The title of the thread is slanderous and is a character assassination of a good person with great integrity. Other than that the thread is okay as most people who really know Laurie Frankin know the OP is way off base here and won't affect South West Cues in the least.

Why would you want to close the thread, don't you believe in 1st. Amendment?

If you don't like the content, or its boring, or personally makes you upset. Ignor, and do not participate.:eek:

People are constantly asking the same questions some person asked a month, ninety days, or years ago. Forum are very repetitive, and at time boring.

What make old question intresting, is new ideas, people share for free.

It's like the age old Cigar Forum Question? Why are Cuban Cigars better then the one from Hondauras, Nicagraga, Domitician Repulbic, or other places the USA has FREE TRADE with? Cubans are not, thy are different, different soil, Tabacco, growing & making & storing methoids.:embarrassed2:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The title of the thread is slanderous and is a character assassination of a good person with great integrity. Other than that the thread is okay as most people who really know Laurie Frankin know the OP is way off base here and won't affect South West Cues in the least.

Well this slanderous thing you talk about is not cool, but sadly it is a part every forum sooner or later. Plus it is up to the moderator, owner to take action, or no action, because these post drive business.

People need to make up their own mind what is just a troll, trolling, or calling names. The INTERNET is both bad and good. Some think it is a wonder tool for the gathering of information, other know some of the information is bogus.

There are people who get their kicks or jolly post on YELP how bad a business in in say Peoria AZ. Yet that person lives in Atlanta, GA, and has never left GA.

Then you have Facebook, and ?Twittyer that I personally have no use for. But I also understand use both successfully to advertise their business, and services.

Bottom line is IMHO Laurie Franklin is 12 years back log of work, new orders customer wantiing to be on her Cue list frequently.

IMHO she has a better thing going than 90% of the business in the USA. She don't have to compete with Amazon, Wal-Mart, or some guy selling a Pillow on TV spending Millions Advertising MY PILLOW.

Also remember even Santa Claus can not make everyone happy, friend tells of customer in the store he works, customer who is all pissed off because the stove ran out of his favorite potato chips. Think their are bigger thing to get upset over, then grocery store running out of one product.

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SW has been short-handed, as one of the employees was out on Injury. With the demand for these cues, I could only imagine how busy and crazy her shop has been. In any case, totally understand the frustration but calling her a lying POS is going a little far...