Magic chalk

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ALRIGHTY FOLKS!! Here is the story of Magic Chalk from the guy that turned RJ onto it as well as Ted Antle, and another AZ member named Bob. These three guys were all in on the first shipment I got in 2009. Bob and I are very close friends and at the time he was the first to see any of it. I bought a small amount of it from a source outside of America. Upon using it I loved it and decided to see if I could market it. I then ordered 100 boxes which I then tried to sell at the league that RJ, Ted and myself were all playing in at the time. It was slow and very few folks bought it so I decided to start giving it away just to get folks to try it. RJ was one of them and as he said he put it in his basement and did no use it. After a month or so I asked him what he thought of it and he laughed and told me it was unused in his basement. I said if you aren't going to use it give it back to me and I will give it to someone who will. Well that got him to finally use it. In the meantime I was still trying to get people to buy or at least try it. Very little luck to say the least. So after RJ uses it he gets just how good it is. Around this time I am getting tired of giving it away and seeing very little success marketing it I give RJ and Ted the contact information of the distributor. Ted tried to sell it himself with limited success and I had just about given up altogether. I still had and have several hundred boxes for myself so I did not mind at all sharing the information with RJ, Ted and my friend Bob.

My first time hearing about Magic Chalk was right here on AZ. The source is someone many might not expect. SHE is a flirty, funny, quirky young lady I have never personally met. Her name is Mary Avina!! IMO she is the person responsible for any of us having this product to play pool with. In 2009 she posted a picture of herself with several boxes of Magic Chalk claiming it was the best chalk she had ever used. I sent her a PM about it and she gave me the contact information to obtain it. I followed up and that was where it all started. Here is a link to the thread in which she talks about it. Go to post #38 for the first picture I ever saw of Magic Chalk.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=69442&highlight=Avina+Magic+chalk

So that is my take on the whole history of Magic Chalk as well as I can recall it. RJ has done wonderful marketing it and I wish him all the best. You've done well RJ congratulations my friend! I am also happy that so many pool players use it and benefit from it. It is the best chalk I have ever used for pool period. Ride the Nine, you never know when a little luck will come your way!

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
ALRIGHTY FOLKS!! Here is the story of Magic Chalk from the guy that turned RJ ontoy!

Thanks Dan, the Magic Story continues. I had no idea of Mary's connection to it ?? Pretty funny, I might have to list her on the website as a user of the chalk ;) If she sends me a picture, it will go up to :grin-square:

But, to save folks some time, here is the post from Mary in your link, so folks don't have to search, well, those that would actually care are probably only 3, but hey, I'll save them some time ;)

Posted by Mary Avino - 10-21-2009
Why Russian "Magic Chalk" because it works better than any other chalk I have ever tried to date and I have tried most all by now. Is hard to get but it makes a huge difference in the extreme English shots. You can get so close to the edge of the cue ball. More than any other chalk tried to date with out even changing my stroke it grabs more. Yes it makes no difference in most shots but in some it makes a big difference. It never miscues in regular shots. In practice I use masters, in money or tournaments I use magic chalk. I do still say masters blue is the best affordable chalk over all. Magic chalk comes in a box of two and is hard to get and when you get it in the states it cost like $7-9 for just two of them. Masters in the other hand is cheap and available most anywhere.

Since I'm aware most have never seen or even heard of it here I took a picture for you guys

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
At the rate they have been closing that could be a day trip.

Thanks Buzz Kill ;) lol

Well, hopefully, there are at least 1 or 2 in most states to visit. I will hit the ones near major league baseball parks, as I want to visit every stadium as well. I'm been to about a third of them already, so I can knock that one out pretty easy when I retire :)

Hollismason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would be correct Sir. I proudly list some of my main dealers such as Seyberts, Billiards Warehouse, Ozone, Schmelke Cues, and Pool Dawg, not to mention some "regional" folks, like Baltimore City cues, Nick Varner Cues, etc.

For a full list of dealers in your area, as well as for international folks, I have dealers in 10 or so countries now, go to my website:

wwww.russianmagicchalk.com

Though, I do sell here and Ebay, I'm going to stop at the end of the month. My son is off to college in a few months, and I'm NOT going to pack chalk when I get home from work. But I'll still do some FREE give aways now and then.

So, since the above folks and MORE do it so well, I'm going to let them do the selling and packing, and I'll just fade into the full time "middle man" role.

Oh, I'll go to some tourneys and such. I WILL be at the Expo next year with a booth, but not so much to sell, but to promote. I plan to retire in 5 years from my "day job", and hope to visit every pool room in the country, for marketing, but mainly for FUN :)

Sounds like a great retirement!!!

Reactions: KRJ

Awizzzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was a user of the Blue Diamond chalk until I came across ChicagoRJ and his pitch for something greater. I told myself "why not" and bought a box of his highly touted Magic Chalk.

Wow, I honestly did not believe the difference and improvement that resulted. I too swear by Magic Chalk now and would recommend it to anybody that plays for recreation or serious pool.

It doesn't dust on me and the table like the others and stays on as good or better than anything twice or three times the price. :D:D

I too was "checked to for being crazy", and that's what I'd be if I switched to anything else.. Keep at it ChicagoRJ !!!

:D:D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Reactions: KRJ

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I was a user of the Blue Diamond chalk until I came across ChicagoRJ and his pitch for something greater. I told myself "why not" and bought a box of his highly touted Magic Chalk.

Wow, I honestly did not believe the difference and improvement that resulted. I too swear by Magic Chalk now and would recommend it to anybody that plays for recreation or serious pool.

It doesn't dust on me and the table like the others and stays on as good or better than anything twice or three times the price. :D:D

I too was "checked to for being crazy", and that's what I'd be if I switched to anything else.. Keep at it ChicagoRJ !!!

:D:D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Very kinds words. Thank you. I think on my retirement road trip, I'll have to let folks know before hand so I can meet some of the Magic Chalk users around the country. Shoot a little pool and drink a beer or two :grin-square:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh sure, the chalk is good but those cubes have no structural integrity. I had been using my first piece for about 15 months and had only used about 90% of the cube when I tossed it on the side table and the darned thing broke in half. :thumbup:

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just ordered another 2 boxes . I play every day at the senior center 2 hours practice and 3 hours playing 8 ball.

It is everything people claim it is. I don't chalk every shot , just on the important draw or spin shots. Other than that maybe every 2-3.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just ordered 7 boxes from seyberts, hope it comes In Blue, I'm not sure if I had the option for color' s

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I just ordered 7 boxes from seyberts, hope it comes In Blue, I'm not sure if I had the option for color' s

No worries. I don't think Seyberts has the Chernobyl Green listed yet, I just mailed them some, so it usually takes a few weeks to change their website. No worries, you will get BLUE.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you, not ready to have green nuclear waste on a blue felt yet.

Marcopolo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wanted to give a quick review of magic chalk. I have been shooting pool for 25+ years and have basically always used master chalk. Yesterday we received a box of magic chalk & tried it out. This is gonna sound like bs, but we played 20+ games of 8 ball without​ rechalking & neither of us miscued. I really would not believe anyone that told me this before yesterday. I am a ranked a 7 in 8ball & 8-9 in 9ball APA so you have an idea that I'm no rookie. This chalk is the real deal. I never do reviews, but I really am that impressed. Try it for yourself!

That's Why you will see Alex Pagulayan using Magic Chalk!!!!