Man playing as woman at APA nationals

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
We're breaking the golden rule in gambling, we're trying to educate sonebody who's helpless.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't ask questions or IDs bc I don't like to give my name out ....that why it's call gambling...

this person isn't trying to pose as someone else.... just trying to play some damn league pool

So tournaments like this have rules. Showing ID is one of them. No one is being forced to play in it. If you don't like the rules then don't play in it.

As for the transgender thing, it is a woman's tournament. 286 teams vying to win it all. I would ask them how they feel about it, but I definitely would not just impose it on them.

Last edited:

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So tournaments like this have rules. Showing ID is one of them. No one is being forced to play in it. If you don't like the rules then don't play in it.

As for the transgender thing, it is a woman's tournament. 286 teams vying to win it all. I would ask them how they feel about it, but I definitely would not just impose it on them.

The person was approved to play , and showed an ID..didn't break any rules...a 5 skill level is a 5 no matter what they r wearing.... if yall don't like APAs decision, don't play

girlwon1

Silver Member
Here are some facts about this topic to stop those guessing about who Norma is, and what the team's motives are.

I am from San Diego, and have been a part of this forum for over 10 years now. I know Norma. She has played in the local APA since the early 2000's - always as a woman. She has been playing on the Ladies league since 2012, when our local league operator started the division. No one has ever questioned Norma as a female. Maybe it is due to us living in such a LGBT friendly city, but not one of us, including our league operators, have ever thought to ask Norma for an identification for us to determine what her ID says. To us, Norma identifies as female, and has for more years than she has been an APA member - and a career 4 at that. And when I say identifies, I mean that every day of her life, and when she comes out to play, she dresses in modest heels, nice sweaters, and is more female every day than most of us live their lives.

There is no instance here of a guy dressing as a female to be a super whatever at their skill level. This is Norma's life we're talking about, not a trick or some move to get some sort of advantage against the other teams. All the ladies that play on her team also have never questioned her gender, because to them it did not matter. All she wants is to play league pool, and that was all she was doing. The subject has literally never come up with them, or the league operators, or the rest of the SDAPA membership.

Someone mentioned how they would be upset if they were on one of the teams that were beat before Norma had been made ineligible. For all of you who don't know, Norma is 82 years old. You're going to tell me if we're so stuck on what gender some one identifies with that you are upset by getting beat by an 82 year old man who has been never higher than a 4? Would you still like to tell me how putting an 82 year old, career skill level 4, should bring about all of this? This post, this hate, by some?

(Edited to include)
I was actually informed that she lost every match she was in prior to becoming ineligible. Yeah, quite an advantage there...

Last edited:

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Here are some facts about this topic to stop those guessing about who Norma is, and what the team's motives are.

I am from San Diego, and have been a part of this forum for over 10 years now. I know Norma. She has played in the local APA since the early 2000's - always as a woman. She has been playing on the Ladies league since 2012, when our local league operator started the division. No one has ever questioned Norma as a female. Maybe it is due to us living in such a LGBT friendly city, but not one of us, including our league operators, have ever thought to ask Norma for an identification for us to determine what her ID says. To us, Norma identifies as female, and has for more years than she has been an APA member - and a career 4 at that. And when I say identifies, I mean that every day of her life, and when she comes out to play, she dresses in modest heels, nice sweaters, and is more female every day than most of us live their lives.

There is no instance here of a guy dressing as a female to be a super whatever at their skill level. This is Norma's life we're talking about, not a trick or some move to get some sort of advantage against the other teams. All the ladies that play on her team also have never questioned her gender, because to them it did not matter. All she wants is to play league pool, and that was all she was doing. The subject has literally never come up with them, or the league operators, or the rest of the SDAPA membership.

Someone mentioned how they would be upset if they were on one of the teams that were beat before Norma had been made ineligible. For all of you who don't know, Norma is 82 years old. You're going to tell me if we're so stuck on what gender some one identifies with that you are upset by getting beat by an 82 year old man who has been never higher than a 4? Would you still like to tell me how putting an 82 year old, career skill level 4, should bring about all of this? This post, this hate, by some?

(Edited to include)
I was actually informed that she lost every match she was in prior to becoming ineligible. Yeah, quite an advantage there...

Thanks for your post, it has come to my realization that some of the people on AZBilliards have no concept of how bigoted they can actually seem to the rest of the educated world.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

(Edited to include)

Sorry this happened to your friend... league is a trip and that's why I just gamble jasonlaus

Last edited:

GeoEnvi

Diamond System Enthusiast
Silver Member

I am from San Diego, ...
of this? This post, this hate, by some?

(Edited to include)

Great post. Your opinion on the matter is exactly as I see it. A SL4 is a SL4 regardless of what clothes they are wearing, and it wouldn't matter to me how they identified themselves.

Still....Why was she deemed ineligible to play?

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So this is a very interesting topic and something all sports organizations may have to fairly deal with soon. I wonder what the IOC regulations are when determining an athlete's gender.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Maybe you missed the part where I said I quit playing - no $$$$ in it and I have a lot of better stuff to do

Once my table went into storage, so did I

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you missed the part where I said I quit playing - no $$$$ in it and I have a lot of better stuff to do

Once my table went into storage, so did I

Don't worry about it u don't gamble...Just bc ur done doesn't mean everyone else is....And u need to retire from AZ with your negative attitude! I work 12 hr days and am my own boss. Come Saturday I go play pool for 100 / 200 a game and flip coins! Have in retirement but for us gamblers we r still alive and well !

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great post. Your opinion on the matter is exactly as I see it. A SL4 is a SL4 regardless of what clothes they are wearing, and it wouldn't matter to me how they identified themselves.

Still....Why was she deemed ineligible to play?

Because he is not a she

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then she's owed a refund of all women's league dues and trip expenses

Let get the pronoun straight. Not She. You can dress a dog in a Cinderella outfit and it is still a dog.

Ignorance by trying to play as a women when you are a male does not allow reimbursement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk