MANZINO: Mint Chocolate Box

Sanj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is Bob Manzino's first mitered veneered box cue.
I got it last week ,Bob described it as Mint with Chocolate.Brazilian Rosewood, ivory, Abalone,Rose gold. I am so very happy with the cue, I wanted to share some of the pics.
The work is very tight and perfectly executed.It also plays great (yes I have chalked it ,and played with it). A close friend said it is the best playing Manzino he has ever hit a ball with(he has a few).
I know this is a very special cue.

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC000951.jpg

DSC001051.jpg

DSC000971.jpg

DSC001491.jpg

DSC001481.jpg

DSC001031.jpg

DSC001021.jpg

DSC001441.jpg

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
I like it!!!!!!

I am a sucker for abalone and the veneers really fit in well with the color scheme. This has to be one of my favorite Manzino's, because it's not overdone. Congrats.

TommyT :thumbup:

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great cue sanj!!! one of my favorite manzino cues, i love the box cues. congrats.

guy

DukeofDBQ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Mint Chocolate" is D-E-E-E-L-I-C-I-0-U-S!!!!!

I was fortunate enough to see this cue while Sanj was visiting Dennis Searing's shop after the SBE. The pics are great Sanj, but they don't capture the subtle shading and grain in the Brazilian Rosewood. Up close you think it is ebony and from further away it takes on tones of dark brown. Only under close light can you see the wavy black lines in the wood. SUPER CUE FROM A SUPER CUEMAKER FOR A SUPER NICE GUY!!

Congratulations

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member
Some great looking photo's

Sanj,
You are one lucky man.You deserve every cue you own.Each time I see this cue it get's better all the time.
If you slowly roll this cue as Duke of DBQ said the color of the rosewood changes with the light.
Again congratulations on another fine pickup.

HIRUN526

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just posted on the other Manzino thread????

To recap....this cue is the nuts. Bob's workmanship and design are magnificient.

The real cool thing about this cue is the it is not only beautiful..it's a real player.

Bob took a traditional cue and added his contemporary flair and it is perfect. Everything about the cue is perfect. From design,materials,color's...I really love the inlay work and the Ivory joint is very cool.

In my opinion this is Bob's finest box cue to date.

I am trying to think of a word that fully describe's this cue.......................

Cuemongous

Until that time,
Big Daddy

Last edited:

thediamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow Sanj...for sure Bob out did himself on that baby. Love the mitred veneers!!!! He is a great cue maker and this is a great cue.

Si

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

it was great seeing you "unwrap" that beauty ...

all the best,
kam

Tikkitavi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore. This cue must have been made by a Wizard. It is so beautiful that it is actually enchanting.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Wow

This is the best looking box cue ever made. That thing is beautiful. Colors and inlay work very well together. Congrats on the cue and thanks for posting the great pictures.

Kevin

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sanj, If you were not such a nice guy I would really dislike you..... ;)

This cue is stunning. Congratulations!

Scott

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This masterpiece belongs at the top of the the list. Nice cue, thanks for sharing.

-don

OriontheHunter

Dreamin' of Pool Cues
Silver Member
Sanj,
The cue looks great. Wish i was there to see you unwrap this cue. Simply amazing.
All the best,
Tom

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Sanj,
I just got back from Bob's shop last night, and saw the pictures of this beauty.
Congrats,
Ken