Maple shaftwood squares for sale

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
For the record, I feel like Dave has done right by me. The fact that I'm not thrilled about the wood has nothing to do with his character.

As I stated in the initial thread "i'll gamble, and post an honest review" that's what I did.
I very specifically said gamble as I've become quite picky when it comes to shaft wood and that it was a shot in the dark at best.

Dave...theres no need to make it right. I got what a reasonable $10 shaft is supposed to be. The gamble was thinking I may get lucky and get monster shafts for short money. No biggie. I actually have a great use for these in which will allow me to never have to purchase wood for this particular operation as long as I live.

I'm not sweatin it and would certainly never hesitate to do business with you in the future.

My apologies for the initial dramatization. took me a minute to see the bright side

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave what I was saying was the wood I received had a lot of run out and out of 49 blanks only a few looked anywhere close to as tight a grain as the ones pictured. My expectations were probably to high after looking at the picture of the end grains that you said you just ''pulled'' from the stack. I think cherry picked would have describe them better. As for me posting about my disappointment on here instead of sending you a PM that never really occurred to me. I'm stuck with the wood because I'm not going to repackage it and ship it back over seas if that was ever even an option. I'll get some use out of it. It's not a total loss it's just not as good as I was expecting because of the positive posts about this wood on your I-trader. That's another thing I never left you any feedback one way or the other because I'm not trying to damage your rep just because I'm not real happy with our deal.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Well, OK then, I guess we are all squared up.

As mentioned I will from now on start making batches of 25 and posting
high-res pictures of each batch showing end grain and length wise grain (to see runout)
similar to what I did with the 6 squares in the first post.

I will offer both of you (LGSM3 and JUSTABANGER 2) a free batch of 25 when you see one come by that you like.
Certainly I wouldn't mind if you paid shipping but if you wish I will pay shipping aswell.

I am off on holiday from friday until the 8th of June so the first batches will not be up until after that.

gr. Dave

p.s. I don't think you will believe me, but I did not cherry pick 6 super squares from the pile, that simple isn't how I roll.

JUSTABANGER 2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave,Thanks for the offer. I would gladly pay for the shipping. I also would like to apologize if I offended you with my post as it wasn't my intention. In hindsight a PM would have been the best way for me to have handled it. I just never really thought about it.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
I respect your opinion but do not share it.

Anytime I see a thread started about someone being unhappy with a deal without giving the seller a
chance to make it right the starter of the thread gets blasted.

I have invested a lot of time and money in getting a sterling reputation, posting publicly about being
unhappy with a deal with me without giving me any chance at all to make it right really ticks me off.

I don't care about being out a couple hundred bucks for shipping anywhere near as much as I care
about my reputation. If they would have contacted me we would have worked it out so they would
be satisfied with the solution.

Please note that even in this thread I have asked what I can do to make it right and they do not even respond.
What am I supposed to do?

I have done thousands of deals, many on AZ but many more thru my webshop and other forums. Not every
single buyer is satisfied with what they get but I always stand by what I sell and give every one the right to
return what they do not like.

Simply writing for everyone to read: "Dave sold me crap and I am unhappy with it" makes me look real bad
and will cost me who knows how many sales and that is not right.

gr. Dave

I think you misunderstand me. I was never questioning YOU or your willingness to do right by your customers.

I believe those who purchased gave an honest review on what they received and it also seems that you are more than willing to help resolve any issues. Shaft wood is subjective, so everyone's opinion is different. One thing that is always consistent is runoff. Less is better.

I bought ALOT(400+ is alot for me) of shafts from Joe Barringer and sold some to Jerry McWorter and Ariel Carmelli. I let them cull out what they didn't want and less than HALF were selected. This was AFTER I sent my rejects back. This wasn't cheap(110-11.00 a piece) wood either and I spent about 5k on it, so I know where you are coming from.