Matchroom 2024 UK Open Nineball (7-12 May2024), Prize Fund $200K

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now Karl commentating with more authority and confidence :ROFLMAO:
His next match in next hour against Alvin Anggito (728) whom he should be favorite over .
Hope he goes deep in this event (y)

boyes lost to the kid. apparently a promising young indonesian player

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couldn't have scripted it any better. JJ and Karl Boyes have date to play each other tomorrow if they win their matches later today 4pm local time . And they can win their matches :LOL:

jj boyes.PNG

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
has JJ been on the stream or does he play tomorrow?
JJ plays today couple hrs from now 4pm BST time

It seems that I have to be in Canada to watch Table 1 on YouTube -- blocked to the US, but it is on DAZN.
Yes. No need to actually teleport to Canada just VPN to Canada or any of the countries in grey :LOL:

t1.PNG

i think at this stage there are only area refs that can judge those situations. sam probably could have had a ref dock soufi a frame
Was worst at Scottish Open when Albin racked 6 remaining balls and concede match v Karl Boyes.
Karl says Albin has not talked to him since and walks by without eye contact :ROFLMAO:

boyes lost to the kid. apparently a promising young indonesian player
He should win his losers side match today cos he wants to play JJ :LOL:

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a direct link to the brackets? The link to brackets/scores only has the live scores, not the brackets.

For instance, it's nice to know when a match is tied at 8-8, but the second the match is over, the score disappears, and there's no way to know who won. At the very least, you'd think they'd keep the final score posted until the next match on that same table begins.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tommy donlon, there's a blast from the past. irish player, about ralfs age. i hope he fares well (and that MR changes his flag)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a direct link to the brackets? The link to brackets/scores only has the live scores, not the brackets.

For instance, it's nice to know when a match is tied at 8-8, but the second the match is over, the score disappears, and there's no way to know who won. At the very least, you'd think they'd keep the final score posted until the next match on that same table begins.

Did you click "Matches" at bottom ?
For brackets click that icon at bottom right
Anyway here link to brackets
https://www.wntlivescores.com/events/uk-open-pool-championship-2024/matches-list/1/bracket
Here is link to matches/schedule
https://www.wntlivescores.com/events/uk-open-pool-championship-2024/matches-list/1

br1.PNG

SA96

Billy Thorpe is playing horrible. He's lucky he is playing a D rated player.

If he gets on the Mosconi Cup team, USA will get trashed.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
History is making as this may be first time ever that 2 pairs of bros make it to single elimination of a major-The Kos & Kacis. Kos and Kledio Kaci are already through.
:LOL:

Kos with identical scores getting the win at about same time
https://www.facebook.com/matchroompool/videos/ko-ko/1170508787725446/

View attachment 757438

kledio is winning big in every match, i think he has improved a lot the last 6 months. and, as i always harp on about, it shows the benefits of surrounding yourself with top level sparring partners.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Billy Thorpe is playing horrible. He's lucky he is playing a D rated player.

If he gets on the Mosconi Cup team, USA will get trashed.
After his 8-9 loss to Yoshioka in Round 2, Thorpe beat Garcia 8-7, Pehlivanovic 8-1, and Majid 9-3 to make it through to the Final 64. Not bad!

As for his Mosconi Cup record, Thorpe has been on the team 4 times, with a record of 3-3 in singles and 4-7 in doubles. Two of those 4 years were victories for Team USA.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After his 8-9 loss to Yoshioka in Round 2, Thorpe beat Garcia 8-7, Pehlivanovic 8-1, and Majid 9-3 to make it through to the Final 64. Not bad!

As for his Mosconi Cup record, Thorpe has been on the team 4 times, with a record of 3-3 in singles and 4-7 in doubles. Two of those 4 years were victories for Team USA.
Thanks for that info. It should be noted, too, that Billy is abstaining from alcohol, which can affect one's game. Keith McCready was always the lone soldier to have a brown bottle by his designated table at pool tournaments, while all others were drinking water. Of course, in today's pool world, that would never fly, thank goodness.

One year, Keith promised me that if we went to the U.S. Open, he would not drink. The year he came in third place, I believe if he had not been drinking the night before until the wee hours that he would have had a chance to win the next day. But it wasn't in the stars that year. Third place is nice, but nobody remembers who came in second or third, as we all know.

Jimmy Reid was a good buddy of Keith's, and at every Open, we'd hang out with Jimmy. He was like a mentor to Keith, giving him tips. Keith's first match, he was struggling. Jimmy and I were sweating it on the rail. Jimmy told him he needs to pause and address the table before he shoots. Keith is a rhythm shooter and does go too fast sometimes. Plus, he wasn't drinking beer, which added to his struggle.

Jimmy brought Keith a Coke to his designated chair during the match, and I had thought he was giving him some words of encouragement. Shortly after that Coke, Keith started picking up speed and running racks, bouncing around the table. I was excited to see him win the match. We were walking outside to smoke a cigarette, and Keith thanked Jimmy for the Coke. Jimmy winked back at him. It was right then and there I knew something was up, and sure enough, Jimmy spiked that Coke with liquor. I know he was just trying to help Keith get through the match, but man, you could have fried an egg on my head at that moment.

I share the story to illustrate that it can be challenging to shoot your game when in abstinence mode. We miss Jimmy Reid. He was a lot of fun. I think this photo was taken after that match too, if memory serves me right.

Jimmy and Keith.JPG