Matchroom WNT Premier League Pool (PLP) 18-25 March2024, Connecticut, $100K Prize Fund

Monti

There have been some crazy bad shots in this tourney. Gorst and Ouschan played the worst match I have ever seen by two top pros. Both of them combined to miss 8-10 shots they almost always make. One rack in particular was especially bad.

Ouschan was so frustrated he would walk up to look at a shot without his stick. Nor did he follow his usual preshot routine.

Gorst played the worst rack, by far, I have ever seen from him.

It was contagious, I guess. Both played a lot better in their following matches.

Then there is Shaw. He got so frustrated, he just started firing the ball. One break and run took him about a minute. But then he went and missed a supereasy 8-ball. Worst shot I ever saw him miss.

On the other end of the spectrum ... SVB and Filler. They made hard shots look easy.
That one rack from shaw was fun though!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rather watch basket weaving or snails copulating. Snoozefest. Those who knock the short-race PPS 10b are delusional if they think is entertaining. MR needs to do better than this.

Reactions: VVP

VVP

Registered
There have been some crazy bad shots in this tourney. Gorst and Ouschan played the worst match I have ever seen by two top pros. Both of them combined to miss 8-10 shots they almost always make. One rack in particular was especially bad.

Ouschan was so frustrated he would walk up to look at a shot without his stick. Nor did he follow his usual preshot routine.

Gorst played the worst rack, by far, I have ever seen from him.

It was contagious, I guess. Both played a lot better in their following matches.

Then there is Shaw. He got so frustrated, he just started firing the ball. One break and run took him about a minute. But then he went and missed a supereasy 8-ball. Worst shot I ever saw him miss.

On the other end of the spectrum ... SVB and Filler. They made hard shots look easy.
Looks like they are all struggling with the 4 inch pockets. Maybe the schedule is dragging too long also. Each player should play 6 or more matches per day instead of 3 in the first stage using 4 tables even if you stream only 2. It's kinda boring watching struggling players still in the game after 3 days.

Atorontopoolplayer

Looks like they are all struggling with the 4 inch pockets. Maybe the schedule is dragging too long also. Each player should play 6 or more matches per day instead of 3 in the first stage using 4 tables even if you stream only 2. It's kinda boring watching struggling players still in the game after 3 days.
Yeah I really think first 5 days should get played over 3 days instead, can tell Feliciano, shaw and alcaide have wanted this to be over for a while and even some of the guys in the mid ranges of standings are losing focus quite often

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These tables are playing tough. I’ve seen many shots passed in favor of playing safe. Shots that would normally be taken, with no doubts.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe still adjusting to his new cue. He is not with Predator anymore.
I couldn’t remember if he was one of the switchers a couple months ago. Predator aims different than anything else imo. I’m so surprised a career Predator player would risk switching.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
KO was up 3-0 against SVB and then missed as easy shot that would have put him up 4-0. I predicted right then and there that SVB would make him pay for that mistake and he sure did.

David Alcaide can't be there that guy is a body double masquerading as David Alcaide.

ALSO, when did Fedor Gorst become an American? Did Matchroom push through citizenship papers so that the Mosconi Cup wouldn't be the perpetual beat down it’s recently become? Not that this is a bad idea.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final Day (Round Robin league) .
6 will be eliminated end of today while top 10 continue tomorrow playing round robin league
Few surprises.
Last year winner FSR and 2xwinner Albin on verge of elimination in 10th and 9th place.
Lowest ranked Fargorate Anh Tuan now in 11th place may qualify for top 10
Longest losing streak ever 12 matches by Alcaide
7 points may be enough to qualify (on tiebreaker ) for top 10. That means they can win less (7 matches) than they lose (8 matches) and still qualify :ROFLMAO:

d5.PNG

jbart65

but would still have lame ducks
There will always be a few lame ducks. But MR will learn from this and do a better job with who it invites.

MR did not pick the best player(s) from China, Vietnam or the Philippines. And I would have added Kaci instead of Alcaide.

I would have had Kaci, Biado, Yapp and Duong Quoc Hoang instead of Feliciano, Regalario, Jin Hu and Tuan.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the format. I do think it’s a little too stretched out. But it does generate so much pool to be watched. I love that.
There will always inevitably be issues with round robin formats, even if $ payouts are gradually decreased all the way down to the last place finisher.

There’s just not enough $ incentive for the players that have been eliminated from the higher places to keep giving it their best, as well as the sad reality of there being potential $ incentive for dumping matches.

ACL

There will always be a few lame ducks. But MR will learn from this and do a better job with who it invites.

MR did not pick the best player(s) from China, Vietnam or the Philippines. And I would have added Kaci instead of Alcaide.

I would have had Kaci, Biado, Yapp and Duong Quoc Hoang instead of Feliciano, Regalario, Jin Hu and Tuan.
Keep in mind that the reason that David was invited was because he was already in the states when Neils announce he could make the trip. Unless Kaci was already over here, I don't think he would have gotten there in time.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching this Filler/He free match on YT. I tried to look at it objectively and, man, pool must be the most boring thing in the world to watch for the casual fan.

Even golf has the "Get in the hole" yelled after the ball is struck.
Yep, that makes golf super exciting to watch on TV. Now, if they immediately shot the guy who yelled "Get in the hole", that would be exciting to watch.

DaWizard

Filler on being a bit sick and the table:

Pt2 on 4 inch pockets

Last edited: