Max 1618

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Where can I get the max 1618 epoxy that doesn't cost $26 for shipping? Just looked at ebay and the manufacturer and a total of $65 for a QUART??? Outrageous to say the least. One would think epoxy is not that heavy/dangerous to warrant such a high shipping cost. Anyone live in Ontario, California that could pick it up and ship it for reasonable money? I'll even buy the beer....

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Where can I get the max 1618 epoxy that doesn't cost $26 for shipping? Just looked at ebay and the manufacturer and a total of $65 for a QUART??? Outrageous to say the least. One would think epoxy is not that heavy/dangerous to warrant such a high shipping cost. Anyone live in Ontario, California that could pick it up and ship it for reasonable money? I'll even buy the beer....
the shipping is high but it is well worth it
Kim

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave,
It's only $59 on Amazon - a little discount.
Or $93 for 3/4 Gal size.
I was looking for some Lacover 30 sealer (per Chris' recommendation) and it was the same. $25 for 16 oz and $29 for shipping and handling.
Ugh
Gary

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Dave,
It's only $59 on Amazon - a little discount.
Or $93 for 3/4 Gal size.
I was looking for some Lacover 30 sealer (per Chris' recommendation) and it was the same. $25 for 16 oz and $29 for shipping and handling.
Ugh
Gary
Sadly, they only have every other type of Max epoxy, not the 1618.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Okay...WTF? Same seller..... Same 2 listings BUT two different shipping costs....SMH
First one
Second one Which is $10 cheaper than the first shipping charge.
Also found this one, but not sure if it's the same epoxy...sounds similar.
So damn confusing and complicated for no good reason IMO.
Dave

Facundus Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Order direct from manufacturer. epoxyexperts.com They have a number to call and get info. Shipping is still high if I remember right but it will at least save them the ebay fees

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Okay...WTF? Same seller..... Same 2 listings BUT two different shipping costs....SMH
First one
Second one Which is $10 cheaper than the first shipping charge.
Also found this one, but not sure if it's the same epoxy...sounds similar.
So damn confusing and complicated for no good reason IMO.
Dave
The real one comes from California .
Didn't like mine .
Not any better than BSI Finish Cure or West 105/207.
With BSI, you can get a real small container and get new ones every 6 months.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
The real one comes from California .
Didn't like mine .
Not any better than BSI Finish Cure or West 105/207.
With BSI, you can get a real small container and get new ones every 6 months.
Joey, it was the same user selling it. I just want to try it as a sealer, but not at such stupid shipping prices. Even buying direct from epoxyexperts.com they still want $25 shipping....bullshit

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Max 1618 never turns yellow............. that is why I use it

Kim

Well, I may have screwed up. I was wanting to order the Max 1618 and accidentally ordered the Max CLR. Already opened so it's mine now.
Does anyone know if there is a problem with it or are they close enough to just use it up and not make that mistake again?
Scott

1686775518145.png

Last edited: