Meucci Joint Type

murdoc23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there any other brands that use the same joint type as a Meucci? It's a 5/16 - 18 flat faced joint. Right?

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correct Meucci is 5/16-18 Flat Faced

A few others that I believe are/were 5/16-18 are:
Ginacue
Helmstetter
Huebler
Judd
Palmer
Tad
and quite a few imports as well.

I could be wrong with my list but am pretty sure those makers use or used that pin at one point in time or another.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Add Adam, "Ricco" Cervantes, and Rick Howard to the list of makers/makes that have used 5/16-18.

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The length of the Meucci pin is ever so slightly longer. You'll have to cut the tip of the pin off to allow those other shafts seat all the way.

murdoc23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The length of the Meucci pin is ever so slightly longer. You'll have to cut the tip of the pin off to allow those other shafts seat all the way.

Thanks, I was actually thinking the other way around. I have a break shaft for my Meucci and would like to try to pick up a cheap butt to use with it so I don't have to always swap out. Then again, it might be just as cheap to pick up an import break/jump cue.

Thanks all.
George

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of butt would you be looking for?

Type/style/weight? Joint collar material? Price range?

I think it's a cool idea. A good break shaft can go with just about whatever butt you want I think as long as the joint diameter isn't too different.

murdoc23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be honest, I'm on the fence right now. Last month I picked up a cheap-o break shaft for my Meucci. I think it was $35 shipped to me. I'm just thinking out loud here, but by the time I fork out another $50-$100 for a spare butt just for the break shaft, I probably am close in price to the cost of a real, dedicated import jump/break cue.

I guess my thought was that if I could find another brand of butt, that had a bad shaft that someone was looking to get rid of cheap, it might be worth picking up to use for that break shaft.

But when I boil it all down... My entire motivation for this is just so I don't have to unscrew one shaft and screw in another when playing. So, I have to really think about what that amount of convenience is worth to me!

Have I mentioned that I'm hopelessly indecisive?

What kind of butt would you be looking for?

Type/style/weight? Joint collar material? Price range?

I think it's a cool idea. A good break shaft can go with just about whatever butt you want I think as long as the joint diameter isn't too different.