Mezz cue advice?

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an opportunity to buy a Mezz Sneaky Pete. I've never played with one or known anyone who owns one, but the comments I've seen here suggest most consider Mezz to be one of if not the best production cues on the market. I've contacted Mezz and they gave me their butt diameter, which is slender as I would prefer. Money isn't an issue for me, fortunately, but I'd like some opinions as to how they play and whether it's wise to spend $500-$600 on a cue I haven't had the chance to demo? Thanks for any feedback.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have an opportunity to buy a Mezz Sneaky Pete. I've never played with one or known anyone who owns one, but the comments I've seen here suggest most consider Mezz to be one of if not the best production cues on the market. I've contacted Mezz and they gave me their butt diameter, which is slender as I would prefer. Money isn't an issue for me, fortunately, but I'd like some opinions as to how they play and whether it's wise to spend $500-$600 on a cue I haven't had the chance to demo? Thanks for any feedback.
I owned one. It was as solid as any custom I have ever owned. The fit and finish was top notch.
😎

carl.j

I've got Mezz's that are both recent and from 20+ years ago - all feel incredibly consistent. A friend commented recently on how flush the shaft and butt met at the joint with - hardly a lip.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got Mezz's that are both recent and from 20+ years ago - all feel incredibly consistent. A friend commented recently on how flush the shaft and butt met at the joint with - hardly a lip.
I went ahead and bought one. Review to follow. Oddly enough I noticed the same thing; run your fingers along the cue and you can hardly feel where the joint is.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The sneakies are great, very lively cues. They are all in that 1.240" is range, which seems to be somewhat of a standard for modern cues. As you have noticed, mezz has really high quality control.
Welcome to the family :cool:

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have 6 of them. At age 77 been through almost every cue manufacturer on the planet
including Black Boar. Would put Mezz against any of them. They are also getting hard to
find in th USA

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 6 of them. At age 77 been through almost every cue manufacturer on the planet
including Black Boar. Would put Mezz against any of them. They are also getting hard to
find in the USA
Not that hard to find, actually. Pool Dawg will sell them when they get stock, and Mezz USA keeps inventory, I think. I just bought the Purple Heart Sneaky Pete and it's a beautiful, well-made player. I'm impressed.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not that hard to find, actually. Pool Dawg will sell them when they get stock, and Mezz USA keeps inventory, I think. I just bought the Purple Heart Sneaky Pete and it's a beautiful, well-made player. I'm impressed.
Ya they kind of are. MEZZ USA has stopped Wholesale/Dealer pricing along with several other distributors stating lack of inventory. Brian.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya they kind of are. MEZZ USA has stopped Wholesale/Dealer pricing along with several other distributors stating lack of inventory. Brian.
I don't know, I was just on Mezz USA and very few cues had "out of stock" notes. Almost everything could be added to a cart and purchased.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are made and play as good as any cue out there, custom or production. Can't go wrong with a Mezz.

Marc85

My advice, buy one. They’re great cues. I can’t imagine a cue playing better than my TA3 or breaking better than my Power Break G.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My advice, buy one. They’re great cues. I can’t imagine a cue playing better than my TA3 or breaking better than my Power Break G.
Thanks for the feedback. I bought one as I noted above and couldn't be happier or more impressed.

kyles

Registered
Does anyone have the diameter of their Mezz? I am looking at getting one. Specifically because it’s a thin butt diameter.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have the diameter of their Mezz? I am looking at getting one. Specifically because it’s a thin butt diameter.
I just responded to your other post. According to Mezz USA "the butt sleeve diameter of MSP2 is 31.2mm. The current Mezz cues have the same diameter." That's definitely smaller than the average cue on the market.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
If money isnt an issue, just buy it.