Mezz exceed cues-why are they

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I emailed the north america mezz site for a quote on this Exceed EXC-6S3 cue yesterday. No response yet.

EXC-6S3_a.jpg

LJhookem14

My friends call me LJ
Silver Member
I emailed the north america mezz site for a quote on this Exceed EXC-6S3 cue yesterday. No response yet.

EXC-6S3_a.jpg

Try also calling CueStix Int'l (800) 645-9803. They are in Colorado and also a large dealer in USA like Mezzusa.

Also check out Newart - Japan (largest Japan dealer)
https://www.newart.co.jp

Open their website using Google Chrome and it will translate it for you on your mobile device or even your desktop/laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
from www.jjcue.com

When the Mezz Exceed cues listed "In Stock", we have these Mezz cues in our office ready to ship*. ( if not in stock, current waiting time for an Exceed cue from Mezz is about 24 months! )

24 months?? I'll pass.

I called the Colorado #, they asked if I had an account, if not I would have to go thru a distributor.

Last edited:

sk8ordie

HTTR!
Silver Member
What's the difference in the ExPro shaft than the other Mezz shafts?

I played with a WD700 for over a year and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

The difference I believe is, ExPro has a different construction for LD, different taper, Tip and ferrule than the WX700. Like a upgrade. Both are 12.5mm and either joint size.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Could be because Mr. Miki himself flies over from Japan to personally hand select the woods used in those cues. I saw him at the expo this past spring & he showed me some holly & other stuff that he dug through piles of wood to find. He wasn't buying bulk to get wholesale prices. He was hand picking and paying premium for premium wood. The man doesn't cut costs or corners in any of the Mezz line, and Exceed is the cream of Mezz. It costs serious money to build them, so of course they aren't going to be cheap. "Cheap" was never a factor in those cues, only quality.

Imagine a cue maker spending his life perfecting & advancing the craft, then passing it on to the next generations to continue, and so on. Collect that cumulative knowledge and record it all in a single cue. That's an Exceed cue. It is the current pinnacle of quality from a family of cue makers who have always been revered for quality. That's worth something.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Could be because Mr. Miki himself flies over from Japan to personally hand select the woods used in those cues. I saw him at the expo this past spring & he showed me some holly & other stuff that he dug through piles of wood to find. He wasn't buying bulk to get wholesale prices. He was hand picking and paying premium for premium wood. The man doesn't cut costs or corners in any of the Mezz line, and Exceed is the cream of Mezz. It costs serious money to build them, so of course they aren't going to be cheap. "Cheap" was never a factor in those cues, only quality.

Imagine a cue maker spending his life perfecting & advancing the craft, then passing it on to the next generations to continue, and so on. Collect that cumulative knowledge and record it all in a single cue. That's an Exceed cue. It is the current pinnacle of quality from a family of cue makers who have always been revered for quality. That's worth something.

tap, tap, tap :)

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you're into art and the fancy schmancy stuff then exceed imo are best of the best and make southwest and all others look second rate

mezz prices are actually excellent, best in class at every price level and way cheaper than most of the dinosaur "custom" cuemakers

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz cues are made by master craftsman that train for 20 years before they even touch a cue. They have 50 coats of hand rubbed lacquer that take 1 month to dry between each coat. The woods are rumored to be sourced from Monster Island where Godzilla lives, so you can imagine how dangerous it is to even travel there.

All kidding aside.......I just bought a Mezz Hybrid II shaft for my Schon and it hits very, very well.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you're into art and the fancy schmancy stuff then exceed imo are best of the best and make southwest and all others look second rate

mezz prices are actually excellent, best in class at every price level and way cheaper than most of the dinosaur "custom" cuemakers

Ha let me know when they have the resale value of that second rate SW ,, it's pretty funny that one of the biggest buyers of SW cues are Asian

Garo 7

Registered
Yes... and what is described here with Miki's personal interest in his normal production shop is totally the way things are done in Japan.

Japanese pride of quality, workmanship, work ethic, and craftmanship are second to none in almost all things produced in Japan.

They literally care what they are doing when they make something over there. Even at the regular plants, and the level of the regular workers.

They want to be the best and make the best. That's why normal production stuff there is usually equivalent in quality and craftmanship to custom made things elsewhere in the world.

It's a point of pride in their culture.

Cbrown1

Registered
My buddy who bought a mezz talked to them and they say mezz and exceed have identical construction and hit the same and the only difference is the detail of finish?

Garo 7

Registered
Yeah... the only real problem with Mezz is, once you start looking at them, they are all so beautiful that trying to decide which one to buy is a bit tough for me. :)

I hope they will introduce some special EC-9 models like they did with the EC-7's, with different inlay variations and the white end caps and joints! I always liked the white, cream, ivory, etc joints better than black on a cue. So for me I tend to like the look of Axi and the special EC-7 models.

I also notice they discontinued the (C) Cocobolo model for the EC-9's I guess.

One issue I noticed with online shopping for Mezz is that Mezz USA's product photos are not very good sometimes in showing the true color of the woods. I talked to Mezz USA about it, and they confirmed that the true colors and shading of the wood are a lot brighter than what their photos show for many of the models listed. I think the main Mezz Japan website seems to have better photos for this aspect of the various models.

Later I found some HD product vids online that show the EC-7's and Axi's and the look of the wood and detail of quality is really intense. Very beautiful.

Unfortunately, the vids I found posted for the EC-9's were not very good resolution.

Here are a few that are HD quality showing various Axi and special EC-7 models: (be sure to toggle vid to HD 1080p res)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pcvrlUa7U4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_FaWLCgJIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLK0MOHvc9k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7aoGSgY47Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuYygi4d2CQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytwMVjXoz8I