Mezz Sneaky Pete review

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a Mezz Sneaky Pete in Purple heart. I'd never played with one before, but every single time anyone on this site mentions Mezz, it's always extremely favorable, and I've never seen a bad word about Mezz, which we can all agree is pretty unusual for any manufacturer or cue builder here. It made me curious, so I thought what the heck and pulled the trigger. First, I've never had a cue with purple heart, and I was afraid it would be, well, too purple, but it's beautiful. It can look anywhere between purple or reddish brown, sort of like cocobolo depending on the light. Second, the quality is instantly evident. When I put it together the fit between shaft and butt was very snug, and when you run your fingers along the cue you can barely feel where the joint is. It has a slimmer than average butt diameter, which is what I prefer, and I had verified that by contacting MEZZ USA before my purchase. Feel is subjective, but I'd describe it as on the softer side as it comes with a Kamui soft tip. Long story short, this is as good a cue as I've ever had in my hand. If I ever buy another cue (and I hope I don't) it will probably be another Mezz. If you like wrapless cues like I do, unfortunately the selection is very small.

Last edited:

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just got a Mezz Sneaky Pete in Purple heart. I'd never played with one before, but every single time anyone on this site mentions Mezz, it's always extremely favorable, and I've never seen a bad word about Mezz, which we can all agree is pretty unusual for any manufacturer or cue builder here. It made me curious, so I thought what the heck and pulled the trigger. First, I've never had a cue with purple heart, and I was afraid it would be, well, too purple, but it's beautiful. It can look anywhere between purple or reddish brown, sort of like cocobolo depending on the light. Second, the quality is instantly evident. When I put it together the fit between shaft and butt was very snug, and when you run your fingers along the cue you can barely feel where the joint is. It has a slimmer than average butt diameter, which is what I prefer, and I had verified that by contacting MEZZ USA before my purchase. Feel is subjective, but I'd describe it as on the softer side as it comes with a Kamui soft tip. Long story short, this is as good a cue as I've ever had in my hand. If I ever buy another cue (and I hope I don't) it will probably be another Mezz. If you like wrapless cues like I do, unfortunately the selection is very small.
What shaft? Brian.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree on Mezz stuff, fantastic cues at fair prices. Want exotic get their Exceed line.