MidAmerica cue lathe

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, I had a combo of the Large bore headstock lathe and CNC. It worked great and support was outstanding.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I bought a small setup just for spinning and finishing. It works just fine. Don't skimp on the motor. Get the big one.

Kim

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
I own the top model with the large bore headstock and it has been flawless, I love it. I haven't had to contact Todd with any problems from the machine, but every time I have needed Todd for answers from my silly questions he has always VERY prompt and VERY nice.

david cooksey

Registered
Todd's lathes

What i was thinking about was starting out w/ his very basic unit to start out with since i will be only doing tips and ferrule repair since i am limited on funds.

Then once the money starts to roll in from replacing tips, i would start buying parts to do a upgrade to the unit.

#1 Modified Drilling Tailstock #150M
#2 1/2hp motor
#3 Large Bore Headstock w/ 1.385 through spindle bore
#4 48 inch Hard Coat Anodized Aluminum lathe bed assembly available with a 42 inch rack gear
#5 190S & 190L Steady Rest
#6 Accessorie Package that comes w/ the Pro Lathe

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes

Todds's lathes are great, I bought the pro Model a while ago, His products are fantastic and you could not ask for a better person to deal with.
Great guy with great products, You cant go wrong.

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
I don't own one of his lathes, but I've seen them and they are good machines. Todd is a great guy too. I've had problems with my lathe from another maker, and he has been right there to help me resolve my issues. Todd is right up there with Chris Hightower as far as customer service goes. Top shelf.

Joe

JerseyBill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Todd

Todd does a great job of bridging the gap between quality and affordability. His lathes, while maybe not as versatile as some of the more expensive offerings from Hightower, Unique, or Porper, are still very well made.

Up until last year most of his stuff was geared mainly toward repairs and stand alone operations, but I think his new CNC controlled lathe takes it way beyond that. At this point, it looks like he can provide a full turn-key cue-building solution.

I own one of Todd's repair lathes and honestly only needed to contact him once in the 16 months I've had it (that in its self should say something), and he was very quick to get back to me.

I also have a Grizzly, but find the repair lathe is more convenient certain things.

Yes, Todd's a great guy, and i've several of his items in my shop, BUT, I believe his cnc lathe doesn't work on inlays? Just for tapering I think he told me.

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
It should be able to handle basic milling operations like ring billets and V-channels also.

As far as inlays, does anyone sell a cue building lathe that does them???

You can buy the inlay attachment from Chris High tower and be doing inlays in one day from what I've read. It just attaches to your deluxe lathe I believe.

Joe