Mike cochran*****fundraiser

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have known Mike for many years, and was proud to say that I was a friend of his. What always impressed me the most about Mike had nothing to do with cues....but that he was dedicated family man, who care more about his wife Connie, his kids and grandkids, thats what made him so special to me.

I would like to start a fundraiser to help out Mikes wonderfull family in any way that we can. PLEASE donate whatever you can to this fund, every little bit helps. Allready donated:

Steve Piesner, Mark Bear, Cory Barnhart, 12 squared, Myron Szot, Ken Peters, Jim Brennan, christopher Dickey,8-ball rat, David Bredan, Bob Manzino, Chris Byrne,Martin Bick
Tony Scianella , Murray Tucker III, Double Dave Cues, Joel Hercek, Tony Zinzola, Kam Daswani, Bnall, Kurzweills custom cues, All about the game room, Carey Radebaugh
Dennis Searing , Steve Ellis, Hidy Ho, Michael Davis, Troy Badali, Randy Holt, J Barton, Joe Lolley, James Sward, Brianna Products, Stamatos Paul, Hing Choy, Scott Haverland, Kevin Lindstrom
Alton Takata, Erich Gruber, Tommie Moser, Robert Stein, Sanjay Sachdeva, Joel Collins, Sammy1712, Robert Farr, William Chan, Rik Graham, Chi Wai Chang, Scott Roberson,
Anthony Marcino, Steven Robinson, On the hill cues, pooldawg8, Glen Shepard, Bob Farr, Douglas Heinmiller, Paul Dayton, Randall Stafslien, Mike Mason, Richard Doll

You can send the donations to me at:

Steve Piesner
50-H Corbin ave
Bayshore, NY 11706

or pay pal to tikkler@aol.com

I will pass every penny on to Connie, for the family and there expenses

I will start this off with a donation of $500.00............lets keep it going for one of the nicest guys we all loved.

thank you

Last edited:

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was thinking about this same jesture for the Cochran family. I will be sending you something in the mail Steve to give to the Cochran family. Thanks for starting this thread.
Mike will be missed dearly by everyone.
Jeff

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey

thanks jeff.....It it just really sinking in, and I am crying while I type this.....I will miss that Man so much

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
I really am saddened by this news......

I only ever contacted Mike by email but he alway answered very quickly and was extremely friendly. A huge loss to the cuemaking world, i can't imagine the cues he would have produced.

Times are hard at the mo but if i can get any spare $$ together I'll send it.

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really am saddened by this news......

I only ever contacted Mike by email but he alway answered very quickly and was extremely friendly. A huge loss to the cuemaking world, i can't imagine the cues he would have produced.

Times are hard at the mo but if i can get any spare $$ together I'll send it.

thanks to you and Steve.....anything will help

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got the call, i'm still on the phone-I'm in shock. 53 years old. This is a HUGE loss for many of us. I just dont know what to say. I'm on the phone. I pray that Connie will be strong, We need to do what what ever we can.

i'll be back later i'm on the phone still with Tony.

I'm going to send $1000, Steve call me later please.

Last edited:

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh my god, RIP Mike and all the best to his family in these hard times now. :frown:
I never met him personaly, but as i sent him and Tim the collage of my Tim Scruggs cue - he was awesome.
We wrote some emails back and forth, and he seemed like a fantastic man to me.
We spoke about making some collages for their HP and about the Caps i got from Alton.
He realy seemed great - and i would have loved to know him.
I will do my part too, and donate like many of you, even if i never met him in person.

Erich

ghost121

All I get is six words?
Silver Member
I spoke with Mike by phone a few times before Xmas when he helped me work out the details of a cue Tim was making for me. He was friendly and generous and great to deal with. One of the good guys, for sure.

Steve, small donation sent. Thank you for organizing the benefit for Mike's family. Condolences to all.

searingcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have known Mike for many years, and was proud to say that I was a friend of his. What always impressed me the most about Mike had nothing to do with cues....but that he was dedicated family man, who care more about his wife Connie, his kids and grandkids, thats what made him so special to me.

I would like to start a fundraiser to help out Mikes wonderfull family in any way that we can. PLEASE donate whatever you can to this fund, every little bit helps. Allredy donated:

Steve Piesner, Mark Bear
Tony Scianella , Murray Tucker III
Dennis Searing , Steve Ellis
Alton Takata, Erich Gruber
Anthony Marcino, Steven Robinson

You can send the donations to me at:

Steve Piesner
50-H Corbin ave
Bayshore, NY 11706

or pay pal to tikkler@aol.com

I will pass every penny on to Connie, for the family and there expenses

I will start this off with a donation of $500.00............lets keep it going for one of the nicest guys we all loved.

thank you

First, Thank you Steve for taking the wheel to make this happen for Mike's family. Mike will missed by all of us that got know him. I will miss him, and will be praying for his family to get through this as good as they can. We all know Mike was a very hard worker, and it makes me sad to know that his family is in difficult times, especially now.
I've made a donation personally, and hoping to convince anyone who can that belongs to this giant family of billiards to help. It doesn't matter how small the help is, it all adds up. Mike did a lot for all of us, especially for us in the cue part of billiards. His family really does need it.

R.I.P. Mike

Thank you!
Sincerely, Dennis Searing

MikeM

Pool Lover
Silver Member
Thanks, Steve.

For taking this on. Donation on the way.

Could I also ask you, or Nick or Bryan to post any info you might get in regards to services for Mike? It would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
If you are going to use PayPal

If you are using PayPal to donate and if you have bank account associated with your account, make sure you select Personal > Gift and this should eliminate any fees going to PayPal.

Hidy Ho <-- wanna make sure as much as possible is going to the MC family

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey

I am still very broken up over this. Mike was one of the nicest guys that I knew. I THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING OUT.

tommie1351

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will be missed

Thank you Steve for doing this. I just talked to Mike a week or so ago. This really shocks a person into reality. Mike will be missed in our world that's for sure. You will be hearing from me.
TOMMIE

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
On second thought Steve, I`ll send you money through paypal so it gets to you & the Cochran family faster than through the mail.
Jeff

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear of Mike's passing. I didn't know him but, from the remembrances of his friends, it's plain to see he left the world a better place.

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
I never had a opportunity to meet Mike, but I have heard many great things about him. It's amazing how I feel without ever hearing his voice. I can't imagine how his close friends are taking this.
My prayers go out to him,his family,and his close friends.
Steve you are a good man for thinking of his family.
Troy