Mike Sigel as a coach/house pro...opinions please

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran into Richard Allen earlier this year at the mall, and he is still as enthusiastic about pool today as he was when I first met him. In fact, I used to work for Richard many moons ago at the Champions in Silver Spring. His father used to own pool room in D.C., and I think that is where Richard developed his passion for pool. If memory serves me right, the pool room was on 14th Street.

Richard Allen sponsored the 1986 Maryland State Championship. It was the same year the movie TCOM came out, and none other than Mike Sigel, a Towson resident at the time, won it. 1986 was a good year for Mr. Sigel. :wink:

Richard Allen on the left and his son, Gary, on the right. Both of these men are good pool peeps! :)

Attachments

• The%20allens[1].JPG
    The%20allens[1].JPG
    22 KB · Views: 249

Skippy9Baller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran into Richard Allen earlier this year at the mall, and he is still as enthusiastic about pool today as he was when I first met him. In fact, I used to work for Richard many moons ago at the Champions in Silver Spring. His father used to own pool room in D.C., and I think that is where Richard developed his passion for pool. If memory serves me right, the pool room was on 14th Street.

Richard Allen sponsored the 1986 Maryland State Championship. It was the same year the movie TCOM came out, and none other than Mike Sigel, a Towson resident at the time, won it. 1986 was a good year for Mr. Sigel. :wink:

Richard Allen on the left and his son, Gary, on the right. Both of these men are good pool peeps! :)

I believe Gary owns the Frederick Champions. He seems like a good guy. He plays in the APA league and is a good player.

Skippy