Mike Sigel

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You don't hear his name mentioned any more, but he could certainly play all games and play them well. I started thinking back
to some of the top players in years past and it was one of those "what happened to him" moments. So, I went straight to Google
to find out. What I found out blew me away and it had to do with his net worth. No, he's not some old broke pool player loser that
should have done other things if he wanted to get somewhere in life.

Here's what it had to say: https://surprisesports.com/athletes-biography/mike-sigel-net-worth/

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah I'd say this article has it's fair share of embellishment. Don't get me wrong, Sigel is one of the greats, we all have heard of his record in final matches, but some of the US Open's and WC's wins don't hold water. I'm also a little skeptical on the net worth, but, if he's still living in New York.... eeehhhhhh maybe....

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
yeah I'd say this article has it's fair share of embellishment. Don't get me wrong, Sigel is one of the greats, we all have heard of his record in final matches, but some of the US Open's and WC's wins don't hold water. I'm also a little skeptical on the net worth, but, if he's still living in New York.... eeehhhhhh maybe....
It could very well be true, especially after finding this:

Who is the highest paid pool player of all time?
Who is the richest pool player in the world? Efren Reyes will go down as the greatest of all time and "The Magician" has career earnings to back that up. Over the course of his career, he has racked up earnings of around $2m. This comes from different deals, exhibitions and tournament wins. Feb 19, 2023

Sigel did have a lot to do behind the scenes with the Color of Money. The box office receipts for that alone was $52.3 million. Depends on how his contract was structured.

SVB is listed as having around $5 million of net worth and he certainly isn't done with his career.

Last edited:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
The net worth on those articles are always suspect. I recently saw an video where the host asked the ICP rappers about their net worth. They basically said, nah, maybe if they sold all their masters and the rights to the music in an inheritance situation but they didn't have anywhere near what their net worth said. Basically they live comfortable lives but it would have to be a liquidation of everything their names were even associated with ever to get close to the amount and even then it was a stretch.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find his net worth reasonable. He has posted on FB that he retired because there wasn't enough money to be made in pool. He focused on things that made more money.

jbart65

SVB having $5M net worth is easy to believe if he bought a good house and invested in the stock market over the past 20 years.

Let's say he had $500,000 in the SPX 500 index in 2005. It would be worth $2.7 million now.

Even if he didn't accumulate that much in investment until 2010, a $500,000 investment in the SPX in 2010 would be worth $2.6 million now.

Miracle of compound interest and compound returns ...

CaptainBly

Registered
Sigel, left pool and concentrated on business, and did very well.
SVB has 4 or 5 multi unit appartment buildings that he owns. Plus his pool related income. He isn't hurting for money.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats what
Agreed, SVB's net worth is way more than that without doubt!
I would think...I have heard stories about him playing sets with well funded folks that easily hit 6 figures...I have also seen him mention real estates he owns and businesses he owns at least a stake in...

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I think something else that's forgotten and not figured into all of it is the RESIDUALS from the movie. It isn't just getting the contract fee up front as far as what was negotiated, and that's the end of it. No more money. There was a thread in here over a decade ago regarding how Keith was getting screwed from residuals but fought and ended up getting them.

If he got it, I would have to think Sigel got a LOT since he played a major role in developing the entire movie and what goes on in a pool room with gambling and the characters that are doing it. What Hollywood dumbass would possibly know more than Sigel, McCready, and some others that lived in pool rooms and experienced all the trash talk and money bet?

The net worth on those articles are always suspect. I recently saw an video where the host asked the ICP rappers about their net worth. They basically said, nah, maybe if they sold all their masters and the rights to the music in an inheritance situation but they didn't have anywhere near what their net worth said. Basically they live comfortable lives but it would have to be a liquidation of everything their names were even associated with ever to get close to the amount and even then it was a stretch.
I'll take the definition of net worth for $500, Alex.;)

We're talking something highly speculative such as how much they could sell their masters for after death. It's as "defined" as looking at tea leaves.
Right. Net worth is the value of all your stuff, money and everything. It's always an estimate and speculative unless all your assets are in cash and open-market securities. Even the value of your house and other real estate is an estimate until you sell it. Someone with master recordings as a significant portion of their assets can only estimate their net worth.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I'm down with the Clowns, just sayin... lol

Also, net worth isn't about how much cash you have or how fat your bank account is.