Mint Gold Crown 1's - photo gallery

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Rare to see a GCI with the apron and skirt corner/edges so perfectly aligned. That isn't easy to do! One other thing I noticed was how deep cut the slate is in the corner pockets. You could almost lose a ball in there. :wink:
I had many of the same style bar stool pairs in my first poolroom. They look nice but they can't stand up to heavy use. I was constantly tightening the bolts and screwing things back together. They would eventually just begin to fall apart. The fact that those are so pristine would indicate very little usage. Probably true for the table as well.

The wider the pocket, the deeper the slate shelf.

pogmothoin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So here's a picture of mine after an extensive rebuild and refinish. It's been posted before but what the heck, I don't mind showing it again.

It originally had the figure 8 plates on the rails but Mark Gregory rebuilt the rails so they are gone. It has the plastic Brunswick name plate, the screw in feet and the ball box is screwed directly into the rail so I figure it's an early example.

I wasn't as concerned with keeping the original cushions and paint as I was in building a great playing table that looked historically correct. It was a fun project but the best part of it is that I get to play on it every day.

Attachments

• IMG_4313.jpg
    IMG_4313.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 923

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen, I see in another thread you mentioned this started with the GC2?

Nevermind, as I read back through a handful of old gold crown threads, your opinion around the GC1/2 transition has changed.

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if mine is a GC1 or GC2 but I fixed it up a little bit as it was located near the ocean and had some cosmetic issues.

canyon_creeper

Registered
Guys,

There have been some beautiful, original Gold Crown 1s posted lately. I wanted to start a single thread to share all the unmolested GC1s out there. IMO the best playing, best looking table ever made.

Post your pics, story and if willing, how much you paid.

Ian
01616_8K3m1yZkOJe_600x450.jpg

Here is the pic just before my table got taken down for the first time. It's still in pieces in my shop and has never been assembled a second time. It has the plastic emblem and screwed in feet.

My original intent was to buy a used gc1 and modify the rails, change out parts and refurbish it. I bought this sight unseen and never thought it would be this nice.

I still really don't want to have a gc that plays stock (no offense intended), so I will try to sell this one and use those funds to get what I want. If after a few weeks it doesn't sell, then hello rail mods and new paint.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 449833

Here is the pic just before my table got taken down for the first time. It's still in pieces in my shop and has never been assembled a second time. It has the plastic emblem and screwed in feet.

My original intent was to buy a used gc1 and modify the rails, change out parts and refurbish it. I bought this sight unseen and never thought it would be this nice.

I still really don't want to have a gc that plays stock (no offense intended), so I will try to sell this one and use those funds to get what I want. If after a few weeks it doesn't sell, then hello rail mods and new paint.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing pic. Now we have 3 of the 4 colors, just need a tangerine one!

Ian

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Gc1

Joe rogan has a great looking GC1 in his studio.
He plays jam up, he said if he did not have a ton of irons in the fire that he would be a professional pool player.

Check out his vlogs and podcast

Rob.M

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe rogan has a great looking GC1 in his studio.
He plays jam up, he said if he did not have a ton of irons in the fire that he would be a professional pool player.

Check out his vlogs and podcast

Rob.M

Thanks for posting Rob. Any more pics of his table?

Found these on ebay. Not sure if brunswick sold these chairs outside of the an accessory for their GC tables, but here are a couple of the chairs. Looks to be the Tangerine versions.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bru...356946?hash=item1c7cf29512:g:TfAAAOSwCU1YolI9

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Thanks for posting Rob. Any more pics of his table?

Found these on ebay. Not sure if brunswick sold these chairs outside of the an accessory for their GC tables, but here are a couple of the chairs. Looks to be the Tangerine versions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bru...356946?hash=item1c7cf29512:g:TfAAAOSwCU1YolI9

I'll find the link and post it, he plays with a guest on his podcast, plays pretty damn good too

Edit...
Here's one link

https://youtu.be/J73SPMrQBos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I woke up this morning to a message from a good friend and fellow az'er saying that he saw a really nice set of spectator chairs listed on craigslist - he knew I've been wanting a set of these to go with my GC1.

I pretty much dropped what I was doing and went to get these chairs. I will be changing the shells to orange ones which I don't think will be too hard to source, however, a little harder might be finding one of the center tables that join the two chars like what Ian has.

Real happy to get these chairs, thanks for the heads up Mitch! :thumbup:

Anyone knowing where I can get the joining-table or orange seats in exc cond, pls let me know.

Added a last pic showing my table with the added ashtrays for nostalgic purposes (they don't get in the way and make excellent chalk cube holders).

thx,
brian kc

Attachments

• Brunswick-chair-rear-top-view.jpg
    Brunswick-chair-rear-top-view.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 1,026
  • Brunswick-chair-rear-brace.jpg
    Brunswick-chair-rear-brace.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 984
  • Brunswick-chair-rear-view.jpg
    Brunswick-chair-rear-view.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 1,051
  • tv-new-shelf.jpg
    tv-new-shelf.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1,083
  • ashtray-table-GC-inst.jpg
    ashtray-table-GC-inst.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,019
Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I woke up to a message from a good friend and fellow az'er this morning saying that he saw a really nice set of spectator chairs listed on craigslist - he knew I've been wanting a set of these to go with my GC1.

I pretty much dropped what I was doing and went to get these really nice chairs. I will be chanding the shells to orange ones which won't be too haed to source, however, a little harder might be finding one of the center tables that join two chars like what Ian has.

Real happy to get these chairs, thanks for the heads up Mitch! :thumbup:

Anyone knowing where I can get the joining-table or orange seats in exc cond, pls let me know.

Added a last pic showing with ashtrays added for nostalgia purposes (they don't get in the way and make great chalk cube holders).

thx,
brian kc

Brian, Congrats on the chairs, they look great. I'm sure you have seen on ebay but there are lots of Brunswick school chairs. Should have no trouble finding orange shells that will fit your frames fine.

OK, so care to share what you paid for these gems?! :thumbup:

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Just amazing. Thanks for posting.

There is a somewhat famous bar in St. Petersburg, FL (bc jack kerouac used to sit at the bar and drink himself into various planes of existence) called the Flamingo. The owner (Dale) has had the same GC1 there since shortly after opening under his care in 1969. NOT IN MINT CONDITION..... This table is kind of a local legend in and of itself. It has seen some action. I will see if I can locate a picture for you. Beat up as it is, its still nice to look at.

Lesh

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just amazing. Thanks for posting.

There is a somewhat famous bar in St. Petersburg, FL (bc jack kerouac used to sit at the bar and drink himself into various planes of existence) called the Flamingo. The owner (Dale) has had the same GC1 there since shortly after opening under his care in 1969. NOT IN MINT CONDITION..... This table is kind of a local legend in and of itself. It has seen some action. I will see if I can locate a picture for you. Beat up as it is, its still nice to look at.

Lesh

What a great place Flamingos! Dale is a great guy and that place has tons of history. Its always on my list when I go to tampa. Great old school joint.

Ian

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I found this table by accident Dec of 2012 on Craigslist. I got the table with original Centennials, rack, Brunswick table brush in the box, the double sided cue stand, 6 Brunswick 1 piece cues 2 of each marked L, M, and H, a bridge, shorty cue and a Hoppe Titlist for $300.00 I am 3rd owner, second owner had it since mid 80's and he bought it from the original owner who had it delivered to his home from the local Brunswick dealer in 1971 or 1972.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

In Feb of 2013 I had the Monarch Super Speeds removed and the rails modified for current profile Artemis cushions and 4 1/2" pockets. I also stained the rail blinds and the legs but I suppose I could always repaint it in its original color if so inclined. I found the light for $500.00 and 1 Brunswick spectator chair so far. Still looking for a couple more.