Miss by a diamond, not just an exageration anymore

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then there are those that come on here and start 'look at me' threads proclaiming themselves to be "great players".

Laughable.

I think very very few say they are better than they really are that post in the forums. It's usually the other way around, I've seen several videos of posters where they think they are C or B players and play at a higher level.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I more then likely would have shot it and missed it the same way if not worse LOL.

<------Misses by a diamond and a half...

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
QFT.
Also, lol at the video title. Not "Shanelle vs Borana at x event" or even a simple Shanelle vs Borana." Nope. Shanelle cleaveage display. Classy guy, whoever titled it that.

The original was, "Battle of the Beauties" or similar. Whomever reposted the video is obviously excited about Shanelle.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
Hahahah "so now we got the 3 ball out of the way..."

I've seen good pool played by women... this is not it.

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
I'd like to see some early video of some of the critics worst matches. Probably aint much better.

APA Gene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had never seen either of these two ladies play before. Based on the hype we've seen of them over the last couple of years I would have guessed they were both up and coming stars.

If this match is any indication of their current level of play then I think we got bamboozled, fleeced, etc.. I can think of a number of ladies playing in my APA league who could easily give these girls some weight. And I can think of a number of others who can barely make a dime as pros who would absolutely rob these two.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
the difference being...

the critics "worst match" was probably not propped up as professional competition, nor was it recorded on the TV table for all the world to see.

I'm sure both of these girls are very nice and their mothers love them dearly but they both have a LONG way to go to reach the level of top players.

I'd like to see some early video of some of the critics worst matches. Probably aint much better.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I should say that I have nothing against either of the girls, I do have issues with people who play like that being called "pro" or even "good" players and tossed in front of a crowd on a great table with sponsors all around with $10,000 worth of cameras recording you.

Just make a swimsuit calendar and be done with it, people watch this type of match for the same reason the SI Swimsuit Issue exists.

The SI swimsuit issue is one of the top sellers of the year if I'm not mistaken. And if your statement that "people watch this type of match..." is accurate, then, well, people watch so why not? Who called them pros? I don't know if either of them refer to themselves as pros. Do you believe strongly that you would beat Borana even? In a streamed match on a brand new table in front of a lot of people? No offense, but I'm not so sure. Maybe...

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched Jasmine play live several years ago and she just destroyed several male players, some of which are Eurotour speed. I think almost all of this forum would need weight against her, well at least I would:frown:. It's unfair to compare players such as Jasmine and Allison Fisher to the level of play seen here, but the best female players do not get their due respect and it pisses me off!:mad:

It would appear that the up and coming female players don't get respect either.

KMRUNOUT

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
the critics "worst match" was probably not propped up as professional competition, nor was it recorded on the TV table for all the world to see.

I'm sure both of these girls are very nice and their mothers love them dearly but they both have a LONG way to go to reach the level of top players.

Where did anyone declare this as a pro match? I must have missed that part, seriously. (Borana was officially a B last time I noticed.) The match was hyped and recorded, yes. But all that means to me is, more pressure on them, more possible reasons things went wrong.
Sure they didn't play well, but why rub it in? I just don't get why some would choose to dwell on negatives.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I don't ever denigrate anyone for their pool playing abilities. Some people are more gifted than others. For every guy I can beat, there's another that can beat me. But, the level of play demonstrated on this video is just awful. What is most disturbing is that they were announced as champion caliber players and had this match made and broadcast to showcase their abilities. I am embarrassed at what I watched. The industry sponsors must of have been also. The 9 "fans" in attendance would have been within their rights to ask for their money back. I know some of the best women players in the world. Shame on those who orchestrated this fiasco to mislead those that don't know any better into believing that these women are top shelf talent.

I'm not normally that brutal with my honesty. Sometimes exceptions are necessary.

I'm not going to defend either of their playing speeds or compare them to yours, because I'm sure you're a super amazing player yourself...

But this wasn't labeled as champions, it was labeled "Battle of the billiard beauties". Clearly their looks were taking into consideration more than playing abilities.
IRDGPmR.jpg

I do not know about Shanelle, but Borana is a good amateur player with a real job and not a whole lot of years under her belt. She's won local tournaments and doesn't claim to be a professional... She has nothing to be ashamed of.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I agree, if by bonus you mean embarrassment. What is on display is NOT professional pool. Those that disseminate it or defend it as such should be ashamed of themselves. And as an aside, don't those ladies have any pride? They know how poorly they play.

Dude, why do you always have to be an ass? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't catch them saying they were professionals. And yes, we all know you know what professional pool looks like, you get a great view from Thorsten's balls.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Since I started the thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6KKnuZWiWE

Skip ahead to 7 mins if you want to see some games.

The tables in the room have pretty bad pocket facings, in the first game I hit the 8 inside the pocket but since the facings are hard and angles are off, it came out. Happened in a few shots actually. Not fun to play there at times, but the room is great otherwise.

Last edited:

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Since I started the thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6KKnuZWiWE

Skip ahead to 7 mins if you want to see some games.

The tables in the room have pretty bad pocket facings, in the first game I hit the 8 inside the pocket but since the facings are hard and angles are off, it came out. Happened in a few shots actually. Not fun to play there at times, but the room is great otherwise.

This video contains content from UMPG Publishing, EMI Music Publishing, UMG and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This video contains content from UMPG Publishing, EMI Music Publishing, UMG and EMI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

I actually got an email about that, but it said it was not removed. No clue why they did that since at most it has some weak audio from the jukebox. Those music people are morons. I can play the video just fine, guess they mean that they were nice enough to not delete it totally just block it hehe.

Edit... I found a place where you can edit the songs out, just did that and it's saving, hopefully it won't be restricted after that.

Last edited: