Moori vs. Talisman vs. Kamui

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SS black Kamui works on phillippi

Hello Eric I've had the black SS on since Sunday 1 day-played snooker.Skipped the Vikings Game to play snk-pool Troy Koinnkid will be trying a S. I only played 1 time but went 5-0 in snooker with Ricky Phillippi 59".and a pred. LE. Against a 10,000 golden JW mark

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Eric tips ? if I can get ya 1

What hardness or softness are you thinking, H_M_S,or SS Mark

billyjack

Registered Loser
Silver Member
Haven't tried an Everest or Molavia yet, but have tried the others within the past 6-8 months. Here are my thoughts: Moori and Kamui seem almost identical in hit and performance-hard to tell which shaft I had on at the time. Talisman seems a little firmer,and Wizard firmer yet. Right now, my preference is a Wizard on an uncapped ferrule, and Moori or Kamui on a capped ferrule. I currently have a Talisman Pro M on my Joss shaft with a capped ferrule, but I'll likely leave it on until I wear it out, since I don't think there's enough to be gained to justify another swap. The Wizard felt too hard on the capped ferrule, but absolutely perfect IMO on an uncapped shaft. I haven't had a mushroom problem with any of the above. My Sniper mushroomed more than any of the others, but not enough to be an issue. As always with tip recommendations-IMO, IMO, IMO, IMO.

Bill

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought an OB1 from John Scmidt last year. Took a while to "fall into" the switch over from the pre-cat 314's I'd been using for years, but now I'm using predominantly the OB1's. The Everest tips that come on them seem to be a really good fit. I'd used Moori Med's for years on my 314's, in spite of trying lots of others that seemed close but no cigar. The Everest on 314's didn't seem to respond for me, but on the OB1's I'm very comfortable. The Everest don't seem to glaze over at glue layers like the Moori's had become more prone to do in recent years, and I tried Kamui Med's & found them way too hard.
Here's what I'm curious about - I ordered a Kamui Black SS to try out. Has anyone put one of these on an OB1 w/ the pad?