More cloth talk

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have new 9’ 860 Apple that I’ll most likely not use. But I want to have a spare. If not Simonis what other clothes do you like that play close to it and have the same durability. Thanks.

fab944

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I installed CPBA on one of our 4 Valley tables that we use for monthly tournaments. Going on its 2nd year. Looks good and plays similar to 860HR.

CPBA Competition Worsted Professional Pool Table Cloth

Amazon has it:

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've had it with Simonis and all the burn marks. I just ordered Championship Tournament for my table. The local pool hall had that installed a while back and I like the way its holding up. And, it plays a lot like my Simonis.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had it with Simonis and all the burn marks. I just ordered Championship Tournament for my table. The local pool hall had that installed a while back and I like the way its holding up. And, it plays a lot like my Simonis.
ANDY, CPBA, Gorina and Championship are all good Simonis alternatives. 99% of the playing public could not tell them apart.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the Championship Tournament not burn? Did you order Tour or ProAm?

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does the Championship Tournament not burn? Did you order Tour or ProAm?
I ordered their top line: Tour Edition. The Tour Edition resists burn marks a lot longer than the Simonis. How long remains to be seen. The Tour cloth on our league tables is still too new to tell. I hope to have my own table recovered next week.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered their top line: Tour Edition. The Tour Edition resists burn marks a lot longer than the Simonis. How long remains to be seen. The Tour cloth on our league tables is still too new to tell. I hope to have my own table recovered next week.
Maybe some time I can make it to New Iberia for the big tournament and meet up with you.