MOSCONI CUP 2023 AZB Watch Party / Master Thread

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Europe team is the perfect example of capitalizing on your opponent's mistakes. They do it better than anyone.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Game 3

Gorst breaks dry, leaving an easy 1 and an open table.

Filler/FSR run the 1, 2, and 3, then FSR dogs the 4 in the side but it bounces off the point across the table into the corner. They should be out from here, and they are.

Filler-FSR up 2-1.

Last edited:

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
The mask of Fedor that is being worn by some people in attendance is one of the most distasteful and disrespectful things I've ever seen in pool. And no one seems to blink an eye.

Matchroom needs to regulate that if they care about their players. That kind of disrespect should not be tolerated. There's a fine line between entertainment and bullying.

shooter_Hans

The mask of Fedor that is being worn by some people in attendance is one of the most distasteful and disrespectful things I've ever seen in pool. And no one seems to blink an eye.

Matchroom needs to regulate that if they care about their players. That kind of disrespect should not be tolerated. There's a fine line between entertainment and bullying.
It is just a mask.

Why are you offended or why is it distasteful?

I see Lebron and other player masks in other sports.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Right now Team USA is trying hard not to get skunked. I predict the final score to be 11-1.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member

European fans are classless for the most part. However, since the Euros have been winning everything, the fans have not tried to shark the US players in the middle of their strokes like they usually do.

Euros talk a lot of sh!t about the US, but every one of them lives here when given the option.

shooter_Hans

Of course someone who is on a forum calling pro players "idiot" will not understand what I'm saying. Have a good day sir.
Exhibit A of a snowflake.

If you're going to treat pool like a sport then these players are not free from criticism and name calling. I dislike Lebron James and think he's overrated. He's an idiot too and chokes during big games.

Gorst is an idiot for shooting that one shot that eventually led to the lost earlier today. Like that idiot quarterback who threw the ball in double coverage.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Game 4

Filler breaks dry and leaves a tough cut on the 1 with tougher shape to the 2. 3 ball is blocked to the corner by the 9.

Gorst makes a nice cut on the 1 but screws up the leave, hooking Shane behind the 6. Shane plays a beautiful masse to make the 2 and nearly scratches in the side, but instead leaves good shape on the 3. They didn't like the path to the 4, so Gorst plays a nice lock-up safe behind the 9.

FSR makes a nice 2-rail kick, but leaves a shot with the CB against the rail.

Shane rolls in the 3 with a nervy cut into the side, leaving long shape on the 4 which Gorst nails. They should be out from here, and they are. But Shane nearly jawed the easy 9 with, AGAIN, a slower roll than he would normally shoot.

Score 2-2

shooter_Hans

European fans are classless for the most part. However, since the Euros have been winning everything, the fans have not tried to shark the US players in the middle of their strokes like they usually do.

Euros talk a lot of sh!t about the US, but every one of them lives here when given the option.
Naw. There are a lot of right wing countries in Europe.

They would shat in their pants if they came here and we don't want them. Don't give them any ideas.

mattydrva

Well, Shane is looking good. There's that. Feel more than odd making that observation though, ha. Really impressed by the USA fans who made the trip over there; very spirited. Nice to see.

bmeek

Registered
Exhibit A of a snowflake.

If you're going to treat pool like a sport then these players are not free from criticism and name calling. I dislike Lebron James and think he's overrated. He's an idiot too and chokes during big games.

Gorst is an idiot for shooting that one shot that eventually led to the lost earlier today. Like that idiot quarterback who threw the ball in double coverage.
Ahh, the snowflake defense. Say whatever you like here little buddy, this is a safe space for classy trolls like yourself

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Game 5

Shane breaks, making the 1, but they have a long tough shot on the 2 with the CB rail-frozen. Gorst nails it and leaves perfect shape on the 3. They should run this table. Shane gets the CB a little too close to the 8, but Gorst recovers and they're out.

SVB/Gorst up 3-2 with the B&R.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Naw. There are a lot of right wing countries in Europe.

They would shat in their pants if they came here and we don't want them. Don't give them any ideas.
Well we let everyone in. Rapists, terrorists, pool players, etc.
It's not up to us. If only we still had a democratic republic.

FYI, I've called most of the players we're watching worse, I just don't post it.
In all fairness, I call myself much worse when I do something stupid at the table.