Mosconi Cup Captains Revealed

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JJ continues as USA captain for 4th year in row (I think that makes him longest serving USA captain) while Ralph Eckert is new Europe captain.
Eckert is surprising choice- chatter was on others like Niels Feijen, Karl Boyes

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not a bad choice, but i would think niels could've got it if he wanted to. obviously looking to still get in as a player, which i also admire. wonder what mrs. feijen thinks of that economic decision, haha

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Good for Ralph, a super classy guy last seen in America when he introduced Thorsten Hohmann at the 2021 BCA Hall of Fame dinner. I've known Ralph for nearly 20 years and have a lot of respect for him. He's a solid choice for captain.

Others who, I'd guess, will one day coach Team Europe if they are interested include Appleton, Souquet, Feijen, and Hohmann, but for now Ralph is the man and he'll give it everything he's got.

Wishing him luck as he takes on this new challenge.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for Ralph, a super classy guy last seen in America when he introduced Thorsten Hohmann at the 2021 BCA Hall of Fame dinner. I've known Ralph for nearly 20 years and have a lot of respect for him. He's a solid choice for captain.

Others who, I'd guess, will one day coach Team Europe if they are interested include Appleton, Souquet, Feijen, and Hohmann, but for now Ralph is the man and he'll give it everything he's got.

Wishing him luck as he takes on this new challenge.
He is a great guy! I've been enjoying his cool Instagram feed and trick shots a long time!! It is mostly pool but some life stuff and local places show up often too. https://www.instagram.com/ralph_g._eckert/

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ralph is a great choice imo. He has the respect of all the players, plus the knowledge and ability to impart that knowledge to them. He's cut from the same cloth as Johan Ruijsink, the all time best MC Captain.