Mosconi Cup Disadvantage?

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
because she NEVER answers a direct question... it's just an endless list of playground jabs. Of course she acts like they're all in good fun, complete with the required smiley faces. Haven't you notice it's pretty much a beating to discuss anything with her...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
because she NEVER answers a direct question... it's just an endless list of playground jabs. Of course she acts like they're all in good fun, complete with the required smiley faces. Haven't you notice it's pretty much a beating to discuss anything with her...

Don't forget the dog photos, either. :smile:

Attachments

• P3230983.JPG
    P3230983.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 96

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We sure didn't have a problem when we were winning consistently. Now we are fielding a team that just isn't competitive with the Euros. It looks like Mark is trying to get us younger and maybe we'll have to take it on the chin for a while but I see a lot of upside to the team currently proposed. Let's get behind this team and support them. Forget trying to get other Non-Americans on the team with no disrespect to those mentioned players skills. We will be like a Phoenix rising from the ashes to rise to new heights.

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We sure didn't have a problem when we were winning consistently. Now we are fielding a team that just isn't competitive with the Euros. It looks like Mark is trying to get us younger and maybe we'll have to take it on the chin for a while but I see a lot of upside to the team currently proposed. Let's get behind this team and support them. Forget trying to get other Non-Americans on the team with no disrespect to those mentioned players skills. We will be like a Phoenix rising from the ashes to rise to new heights.

Good post the US team needs a rebuilding phase to get back on track and I'm sure Mark can get it done In a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Short races...maybe, just maybe, our young guys will have fewer distractions (personally and professionally) and can get in there and mix it up nicely.

They are all capable players, so there is no reason they can't be competitive, especially in the short race format.

I expect it will be closer than many people think. Will we win, perhaps not, but I'm not writing our guys off, either.

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will be a great experience for the young guys, and make them better players in the long run. If they don't win this year or even next year they will be strong in a few years for sure.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will be a great experience for the young guys, and make them better players in the long run. If they don't win this year or even next year they will be strong in a few years for sure.

You sure are quick to condemn the Americans at every turn. :angry:

What makes you think we can't win now?

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You sure are quick to condemn the Americans at every turn. :angry:

What makes you think we can't win now?

You need to learn to read. I said if they don't win, the Euros have some of the best players on the planet playing so it's going to be tough to win but the experience is going to be great. Maybe Jam you need to stop thinking everything is a fight an everyone is knocking American pro players.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need to learn to read. I said if they don't win, the Euros have some of the best players on the planet playing so it's going to be tough to win but the experience is going to be great. Maybe Jam you need to stop thinking everything is a fight an everyone is knocking American pro players.

I don't think everyghing is a fight, but when I read words written by a Canadian grasshopper who believes his words are gospel, I reply in kind.

Neither you nor myself can predict what will happen come December 2014. You act as if the Europeans have a lock, and I disagree with you, so there you have it.

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think everyghing is a fight, but when I read words written by a Canadian grasshopper who believes his words are gospel, I reply in kind.

Neither you nor myself can predict what will happen come December 2014. You act as if the Europeans have a lock, and I disagree with you, so there you have it.

Good use of google lol. I never predicted anything and I will be cheering for USA. And don't call me names and as for Gospel there's the pot calling the kettle black.

guitars34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, but if we go by how the MC is run, then he would be allowed to play with team Philippines. Mika and Daz live in the US and both play for team You-Rup. I'm not sure if they are here on Visa's or if they have started the citizenship process. IMO, if they are going to live here, then they should play for the US.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Kiamco living in NYC?

I don't see your logic. If we go by how the MC is run Alex could not play for the Philippines if he is a Canadian CITIZEN. Mika and Daz are here on work visas but are still citizens of their respective European nations. That is why they must play for Europe.

Snuden

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe a Europe vs Asia would be a more interesting match-up

On a side note; I think I read (somewhere in this thread) that Pool is superior to Snooker in terms of difficulty, I surely must have read wrong.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe a Europe vs Asia would be a more interesting match-up

On a side note; I think I read (somewhere in this thread) that Pool is superior to Snooker in terms of difficulty, I surely must have read wrong.

They are equally hard. If anything pool is harder to get to the top simply because there are many more players.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Try to pit, as an example, Switzerland against Team USA and see how far they get.

Or Germany --- oh wait, never mind.

And to the poster that brought up the Phillipines --they could put a team together with 5 different players for the next 5 years, minimum, and never lose the cup.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And to the poster that brought up the Phillipines --they could put a team together with 5 different players for the next 5 years, minimum, and never lose the cup.

You don't think Thorsten and Ralf can be defeated by an American? America vs. Germany would be okay by me. :)

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah but they are not in the cup so who cares?