Mosconi cup

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another mistake by Filler, followed by a great jump shot. Heading for the hill again. 4-3

Jay, this last match, they had Allison and Nick in the booth. I like both of them as commentators, but the majority of the accolades were all for Joshua Filler, how he played as a young child, and Team Europe. Well, Shane also played as a young child. I hesitate to criticize anybody in the booth because I know it's a tough job to keep up with the match and fill in the pregnant pauses when necessary, but it would be nice to have a knowledgeable American commentator who knows the American players and their backgrounds better in the booth.

Like you, Jay. Two more days left. It would be nice to see you in the booth since you probably have more American pool background knowledge on the players. Just a thought. :cool:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay, this last match, they had Allison and Nick in the booth. I like both of them as commentators, but the majority of the accolades were all for Joshua Filler, how he played as a young child, and Team Europe. Well, Shane also played as a young child. I hesitate to criticize anybody in the booth because I know it's a tough job to keep up with the match and fill in the pregnant pauses when necessary, but it would be nice to have a knowledgeable American commentator who knows the American players and their backgrounds better in the booth.

Like you, Jay. Two more days left. It would be nice to see you in the booth since you probably have more American pool background knowledge on the players. Just a thought. :cool:
They lost my number.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allison and Nick are great in the booth.
They are great. I like them both, but they seem to have an abundance of knowledge about Team Europe players and not Team USA players. As far as the game goes, they know their stuff for sure. :cool:

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The
I think these antics from the Shaw and Filler are just for show. Emily and Matchroom want these guys to play the role of the enemy.
The last two shots of the last match against Earl, I was surprised at Jayson Shaw's antics. It didn't seem fun to me. It looked sarcastic to the crowd.

Also, I know I'm not one to talk, but both Jayson and Earl look like they haven't missed many meals. :giggle:

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

The checks written for this have a London address on them.

Reactions: JAM

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nick at one point: "Billy Thorpe is in overalls with no shirt just going nuts."

Me, thinking: That probably describes most of his days.

Cheap shot, my apologies. Although, based on their antics, perhaps Shaw and Filler are cut from the same cloth.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler wins 5-3 and taunts the crowd, making faces and acting out. Pretty silly imo. This crowd is no different (probably more orderly) than their European counterparts.
Sounds like Filler and Shaw are just responding to the crowd and the situation. Not sure I would hold it against them unless they act like this all the time.

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just thinking the same thing...he has fallen off from a couple years ago. Then I remember he's young and probably making some not- so- wise life choices. Here's hoping he matures. It does stand in stark contrast to the youngsters Filler and Gorst, who seem to be laser focused on pool and being the best at it.
"...and he that ruleth his spirit [is greater] than he who taketh a city."

I don't know Billy Thorpe, but he is clearly a young man of immense talent and immense issues. We can only pray that he brings his inner demons under control.