Mosconi day 1 lineups announced - thoughts

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bad position on both Woodward and Shanes part results in a forced safety with excellent results

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apples breaks dry, and puts the CB in the jaws of a bottom corner pocket. Shane plays a decent safety. Europe fails to execute on the shot and returns the table to USA.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB rattles the 6. he was looking at his tip funny before the shot, looking a little hesitant.

Europe runs out. Now 4-1 in favor of the US.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Shane should have played safe on the 6.
Too much to ask on new cloth trying to make that ball and play position.

Safe behind the 8 was 100% shot.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
missed beginning of the rack, but table was turned over from euro's control and USA ran out.

Total score 2-2

match score was 5-1

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like it's a good thing Sky and SVB were paired together - so Sky could help calm down Shane!

Kev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane has not settled yet, but Skyler played great. 2-2 one more to go!

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was beyond wrong on that SVB-Sky pairing. Sky is a monster!!!

Considering that this is the first real good look at the young man under pressure, that guess of yours is understandable. I wouldn't have bet the farm on him yet.

Sky shows no fear.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great playing so far!

From what I've read. SVB has not fared well against Appleton at the MC in the past. I hope he finds a rhythm and brings it today! Would be a great momentum builder for the US if he pulls off a win.

Last edited:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I was beyond wrong on that SVB-Sky pairing. Sky is a monster!!!

Sky impressed the heck out of me, he damn near carried SVB through that match kicking and screaming.

Sky was playing great pots and great shape, and SVB honestly played like a freaking weirdo in that match. How the heck does he take an extension on that 4-ball after Sky drills in a 3-ball and leaves him an east pot with a perfect angle to come down for the 5-ball? Then SVB leaves Sky a 3-ball in the side with a slight bit of angle with a 4-ball hanging in the corner and he asks Sky to go around the table 3 rails to get straight in on the 4-ball instead of simply rolling the 3-ball in and leaving the cut on the 4-ball with right hand siding that would have naturally come around to the short side of the 5-ball...

Half of the freaking match was Sky leaving SVB dead perfect with great angles and SVB looking at the shot like Sky just left him frozen to the rail straight in...

SVB was twitchy the whole bleeding match, luckily Sky was a stone cold rock and did not let SVB's oddball play and attitude get to him.