Most Arrogant Cuemaker???

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
masonh said:
it really stands out when one cuemaker downgrades another,especially when it is an unsolicited opinion.i guess if the cuemaker getting bashed is totally helpless or something and it is obvious to most people it is OK,but to hear one cuemaker say something bad about another equally or even more talented cuemkaer it is almost funny.you know right off it is out of some type of twisted jealousy or something.

Mason you have no worries...you make a great playing cue!!!

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
AT THAT POINT IN MY LIFE, HE WAS LUCKY TO NOT LOSE MORE THAN THE SALE..... LIKE MAYBE HIS TEETH.

I FIND IT FUNNY THOUGH..... IMAGINE HE HAD BEEN NICE TO ME, AND I HAD BOUGHT THE CUE, I'D BE IN THE HOLE FOR LIKE 5K TRYIN TO GET OUT OF THAT P.O.S.

SO MAYBE I SHOULD BE THANKFUL, HE SAAVED ME TIME, HASSLE, AND MONEY.

Marcus,

I agree with you 100% consider yourself lucky your not burried in one of Mike sigels cues

Last edited:

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael Webb said:
Your the best, Thanks.;)

HEY, what are you doing posting here? Don't you have cues to make :D

Koop - see's bocote and ebony in his future

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Well, well, well... some great comments going. So I gather this forum is just for posting the "good" vibes you get from pool and people in general??? No posting the bad or questionable dealings you have???? Great.. I guess when everyone craps it smells like roses then.
I used to work for a guy that was super anal about being stolen from. He installed cameras, a metal detector and so forth. He would constantly try and screw customers. So what I saw was a guy who was protecting himself from... people like him. When I see posts that deter threads like this one, I get the feeling MAYBE the gander is afraid of the goose.
The internet allows the sharing of experiences and ideas like no other medium that has ever been used. The world is shrinking, better get used to the idea. I run my business very by the books and I treat my customers way better than I probably would have 15 years ago. There are at least 4 forums dedicated to the area's / towns I service. One bad decision and I could find myself on the wrong side of the thread. Luckily I watch those boards and I wouldn't be afraid to counter if I ever had to.

JV

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
classiccues said:
Well, well, well... some great comments going. So I gather this forum is just for posting the "good" vibes you get from pool and people in general??? No posting the bad or questionable dealings you have???? Great.. I guess when everyone craps it smells like roses then.
I used to work for a guy that was super anal about being stolen from. He installed cameras, a metal detector and so forth. He would constantly try and screw customers. So what I saw was a guy who was protecting himself from... people like him. When I see posts that deter threads like this one, I get the feeling MAYBE the gander is afraid of the goose.
The internet allows the sharing of experiences and ideas like no other medium that has ever been used. The world is shrinking, better get used to the idea. I run my business very by the books and I treat my customers way better than I probably would have 15 years ago. There are at least 4 forums dedicated to the area's / towns I service. One bad decision and I could find myself on the wrong side of the thread. Luckily I watch those boards and I wouldn't be afraid to counter if I ever had to.

JV

Posting good and bad experiences is a good thing that helps educate people and there isn't/shouldn't be anything wrong with that. It's the constant whining and 5 pages of argument that only one person is right and everyone else is just ignorant that makes me go right on by.

So aside from that, how have you been Joe? :D

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
OK, now that I have weeded out all of the "he said/she said" BS in this thread, can you guys play nice? I think both posters who this war revolves around were a little bristly, but one of them can't let it go.

Mike

BPG24

Banned
AzHousePro said:
OK, now that I have weeded out all of the "he said/she said" BS in this thread, can you guys play nice? I think both posters who this war revolves around were a little bristly, but one of them can't let it go.

Mike

Thanks.........

Last edited:

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
Ronnie Powell has been one of my most bizarre experiences. I contacted him once to identify a cue that was supposedly made in his shop. The next thing I know I am in a three way battle between Him, Edwin Reyes and a builder named Lindsy.
The guy has his compound surrounded by fences and razor ribbon and swears his competition is out to assassinate him. By the time I extricated myself from the fiasco I was very glad he is living in the Philippines.

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
I have approached cue making like this:

Anybody can make a cue.
Anybody can make a cue play a certain way.
You are not only buying my cue, but you are buying me as well.
I need to play as well as my cues.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a shame about all of the bad Sigel stories because he was great with me. When we designed the cue, he wanted a mostly black cue, but I wanted another exotic wood and we went with an Australian Oak and it turned out great. It plays great too. Like I said he was very nice and actually had the cue to me when he promised.

I saw him in Vegas a few years later and he had went right up to me and said hi. Could not have been nicer. In 2006 in New Jersey, I was looking at the scores of the 14.1 tournament and he again came up to talk to me and see what was up. I couldn't have had a better experience with a cue maker.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No thats not the shame..

metallicane said:
That's a shame about all of the bad Sigel stories because he was great with me. When we designed the cue, he wanted a mostly black cue, but I wanted another exotic wood and we went with an Australian Oak and it turned out great. It plays great too. Like I said he was very nice and actually had the cue to me when he promised.

I saw him in Vegas a few years later and he had went right up to me and said hi. Could not have been nicer. In 2006 in New Jersey, I was looking at the scores of the 14.1 tournament and he again came up to talk to me and see what was up. I couldn't have had a better experience with a cue maker.

The REAL shame is that some people who have a huge God given talent, most have worked hard yes, but most of the world we are average in most things, but these few have a God given or great genitics or whatever and CHOOSE to be an ass.

As children we are told we can be whatever we want to be, but actually our choices are limited. Either by intellengence, talent, or circumstances. And frankly, that is why we should be more thankful, for what we have, friends and family.

As an old man of 44, I understand this more and more each day. I am so thankfull for my 19 and 17 year old daughters and their accomplishments and hearts.

As Forest Gump says,,,,,and thats all I have to say about that.

Ken

Arnot Wadsworth

Senior Cuemaker
Silver Member
SirBanksALot said:
The most arrogant two cuemakers I have every talked to (other than just phone conversations) are Paul Drexler and Arnot Q Wadsworth.

Most of the ones I've talked to are humble decent guys that are just out to make a living, in a very tough business.

I know I cannot please everybody all the time but I sure try. If I have offended you please forgive me.

Arnot

Purdman

Banned
Arnot Wadsworth said:
I know I cannot please everybody all the time but I sure try. If I have offended you please forgive me.

Arnot

Arnie baby, you have the biggest balls of anybody in this thread! It's easy to bust somebody's balls on the Internet. It takes a decent human being to come on here and apologize if you have ever offended anyone. REP for ya buddy.
Purdman :cool:

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:

Mike

Finally, it's now a pleasure to read without the BS.

Arnot Wadsworth said:

Arnot

I salute you Arnot.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Arnot Wadsworth said:

Arnot
I ordered a cue from Arnot eons ago.
This was right before he moved to his place now, before he got his Grizzly lathe and right before that big typhoon that hit Florida.
Understanbly there was a delay but I still got his $179 purpleheeart merry widow then.
But, I still don't believe his story about he robbing the Miz and Buddy Hall on barboxes with him shooting behind the back w/his shoe laces tied together.:D

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Michael Webb said:
I really hate threads like this and I was doing my very best to stay out of it because let's face it, THESE THREADS SUCK!
BUT, as a member of this forum and as a Cue maker, I have to share this with you, For those who know me, it's on my home page for all to see. It is done purely out of respect and I add to it when ever it's justified to do so.

I would like to thank the following craftsmen for expanding my knowledge of cue construction: Paul Drexler, Jeff Prather, Mark Bear, Paul Fanelli, Skip Tasker, Dan Janes, Michael Capone and Murray Tucker. Linen wraps, (Ted Harris). Finishing, Tony Scianella, Dan Dishaw, Leonard Bludworth, Joe Porper, Tim Scruggs, Mike Cochran, Paul Mottey, and New Age Auto

For what ever it's worth.

SO IT SHOULD BE ALRIGHT FOR CUEMAKERS TO TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE CRAP???

I FEEL IT'S MORE THAN FAIR THAT THE BUYING PUBLIC KNOWS THESE STORIES. IF I COULD PREVENT MIKE FROM EVER SELLING ANOTHER CUE, I WOULD.

HAS ANYONE EVER TREATED YOU LIKE THAT WHEN YOU WENT TO BUY ANYTHING?

Rybord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:

Mike
Thanks Mike, Maybe there's a need for a section called

" The War Room "

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bells said:
I had the exact same experience with Mike Sigel at Valley Forge. He is absolutely the least talented and the most arrogant cuemaker I have ever met. The only difference is that I never picked the cue up. He had "words" with me as I was looking. He said " dont even pick that cue up unless you have 6500 hundred bucks in your pocket". I laughed and thought of something rude to say but I didnt lower myself to say it. I want to say this was in 2003 or so but I cannot remeber exactly what year it was...........

let him say that to me. LOL Actually I like Mike we get along good, we never discuss pool, we talk about marketing, he shouldnt be like that though, its just so much easier to be nice to people,

ridewiththewind

&#9829; Hippie Hustler &#9829;
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
let him say that to me. LOL Actually I like Mike we get along good, we never discuss pool, we talk about marketing, he shouldnt be like that though, its just so much easier to be nice to people,

I agree! You definitely catch more flies with honey...do not understand why more vendors do not get this...or people in general.

Lisa

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
ridewiththewind said:
I agree! You definitely catch more flies with honey...do not understand why more vendors do not get this...or people in general.

Lisa
Ok u got me.
Full splice curly pink ivory with bdr points.
Free joint protectors inlayed w/gold.