Music and Pool

Maestro

In the Zone...
Silver Member
As a professional musician I appreciate the mental game as well as the physical execution of the process in position play of pool.

The mental and physical process so well integrated with that of self awareness produces a state of meditation in action. It is this state I believe that was so desirable and familiar to the great musicians of the past. I have started a group on AZ, to which I hope others will join and contribute in conversation.

I am happy to share my knowledge of history in music and its relationship to the game of pool as well as my insights into the elements that music and pool have in common.

When I compose or perform at my instrument, I am transported to a different and a better place in my mind and in my heart. I am joined with these who left the gifts for me and for my public and I am never alone in a solitary act of a soloist. This feeling of timeless connection is present in pool also.

Others have traveled this path and found the doorways to the countless choices. For me, it is not the winning or the end of the game that counts most, but the playing and the travels of it. Much as a great book would be a shame to close after the last page.

I count the pages hoping there are more.....