Music in Pool

blackcat13

Registered
I love Music and sometime it helps me focus from my ipod as you walking in from the parking lot to the bar. Is it a good idea to listen to music in your ear before a match not during, to help you get pumped up and more motivated to win your match

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah it`s like work out music, if you work out to music you like i find i have more energy, same with pool.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Music and sometime it helps me focus from my ipod as you walking in from the parking lot to the bar. Is it a good idea to listen to music in your ear before a match not during, to help you get pumped up and more motivated to win your match

Less time music school more paying attention say what WHUT.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Far as I'm concerned an IPOD with ear buds is just fine.

It's a damned jukebox blasting out music I can't stand at top volume that I hate.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Far as I'm concerned an IPOD with ear buds is just fine.

It's a damned jukebox blasting out music I can't stand at top volume that I hate.

Nothing short of a deliberate shark will throw a curveball at an opponent like playing "bad" music on the jukebox.
Who the F*** can focus on a shot with Megametal sumthin-sumthin playing at 105db.:grin-square:

stutz

did you call that?
Silver Member
Nothing short of a deliberate shark will throw a curveball at an opponent like playing "bad" music on the jukebox.
Who the F*** can focus on a shot with Megametal sumthin-sumthin playing at 105db.:grin-square:

that or going to the local pool hall and all the young honky's are playing gangsta garbage

grow up kid and pull up your damn pants, you look ridiculous :angry:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric Clapton

Nuff said

John
And there is the problem...!:wink:

I am so sick of classic rock and would love to never hear the Eagles or Clapton or Steve Miller again. And if Bob Seger or Meatloaf gets played, I am coming over to your houses and weell..since the NSA is on AZB, you will just have to find out in person.

Flintlock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hah. A guy on my team is a huge Yes fan. I used to always play some Yes for him during his match. I'd like to think it helped. :D

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The words "ipod", "from the parking lot to the bar", and "in your ear" all suggest that the OP is NOT speaking about jukeboxes, but about personal listening, and is asking for advice as to whether it can help HIM (as opposed to annoying others). To that question, I say "absolutely!!" Listening to the music of your choice help to put you in the right frame of mind to perform (I like jazz, myself), and the headphones help to block out and discourage extraneous distractions and potentially unwanted conversations that can detract from your focus.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, prof...you are a kind fellow to engage in dialogue on the matter.

He says he likes it and it helps, then asks if it is a good idea :slap:

Why is the question even being discussed? Is it even a question, without the appropriate punctuation?

Should I post in this thread?:rolleyes:
The words "ipod", "from the parking lot to the bar", and "in your ear" all suggest that the OP is NOT speaking about jukeboxes, but about personal listening, and is asking for advice as to whether it can help HIM (as opposed to annoying others). To that question, I say "absolutely!!" Listening to the music of your choice help to put you in the right frame of mind to perform (I like jazz, myself), and the headphones help to block out and discourage extraneous distractions and potentially unwanted conversations that can detract from your focus.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tend to agree with the traditionalists here. I think having anything in your ears is probably not a great idea. Some tournaments are going to be loud and distracting. Others are going to be "as quiet as a church". If you plan on being a competitive pool player, you should learn to play well in spite of your environment. As well, competing with earbuds puts you at a disadvantage in other ways. Are you going to hear it when your opponent notifies you that you're on two fouls? Will you hear him say, "Hey, you have ball in hand"? I know a handful of people out there that play with them but the truth is, I've often regarded them as being a little extra sensitive.

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, prof...you are a kind fellow to engage in dialogue on the matter.

He says he likes it and it helps, then asks if it is a good idea :slap:

Why is the question even being discussed? Is it even a question, without the appropriate punctuation?

Should I post in this thread?:rolleyes:

Hehe! BB the professional provocateur! :) You know I have a weak spot for newbies looking for help and sometimes validation. We can't discourage the young posters, and they haven't experienced your brand of humor enough to know what's up.

Anyway, sorry I missed you at First Break, but we'll catch up sometime. Peace!