My Horrible experience with Kent Davis

howardthedick

BIG Head Club
Silver Member
Hey guys, I traded some Titlist cues and paid up right at 10 years ago in trade for a cue with Kent. For the past 5-6 years, he's been sending me pictures of a cue that was almost completed and was supposedly mine, which I never got. He's been answering texts and calls for the last 10 years but in the last 3 months he has cut off all communication. His newly built cues are popping up everywhere. I didn't want to have to do this, but what other choice do I have. Thanks for letting me rant. Greg Howard

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Hey guys, I traded some Titlist cues and paid up right at 10 years ago in trade for a cue with Kent. For the past 5-6 years, he's been sending me pictures of a cue that was almost completed and was supposedly mine, which I never got. He's been answering texts and calls for the last 10 years but in the last 3 months he has cut off all communication. His newly built cues are popping up everywhere. I didn't want to have to do this, but what other choice do I have. Thanks for letting me rant. Greg Howard

getting nothing but a few pics during a 10 yr wait is longer than almost all the prima donna class of cue makers

he owes you more than what you bargained for to make you whole on the lost interest income of your investment

i'd keep this in front of the public until your satisfied

good luck & take care, a

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope calling out Kent Davis in public will help you get your cue.

xX-Wizard-Xx

You
What is the point of your comment? I just looked at your 0 positive feedback and 1 negative that answers my question. You're just a troll.
For a ~10-12 yr wait you Could have been like most others and settle on a southwest .... If you didn't like it you could have sold it for $"sky is the limit"

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
And you have no clue how that works either do you? 🤣🤣

Looks like you have one ( 1 ) I Trader feed back from a couple of years ago which was neg.

You recv'd your neg feedback for a comment ( deleted, either by a mod or you ) from the thread author, he appears to have commented that your post was"pointless" or something to that effect.

sounds familiar, no?

i'll close by saying that if the OP could have foreseen what was to transpire with this deal he wouldn't waste precious time here, he'd own vegas, the french riv and so on and so forth

Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Maybe off topic here but how long is Kent’s wait? I’ve had a few of his cues second and over the years but never have had him build anything.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
im gonna have to make a thread here soon about a cue maker, the last cue maker ill be dealing with
it hasnt been 10 yrs or even one yr, but getting close to it and just over the entire process

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I really can't comprehend how you give money to someone and wait ten years then start bitching about an undelivered product.

htd (Greg) has been a member here for almost 19 years, recv'd 159 positive feedback from satisfied buyers and zero (0) negative feedback.

he started this thread to warn the community about a deal that's gone off the rails to prevent the same thing from happening to other, unsuspecting, members

he took a risk by starting this thread, some cue makers which were outed in the past walked away and more than one passed away before they meet their moral and legal obligation

the MINORITY got off their butt and made their customers whole because it was the RIGHT thing to do

Zerksies

htd (Greg) has been a member here for almost 19 years, recv'd 159 positive feedback from satisfied buyers and zero (0) negative feedback.

he started this thread to warn the community about a deal that's gone off the rails to prevent the same thing from happening to other, unsuspecting, members

he took a risk by starting this thread, some cue makers which were outed in the past walked away and more than one passed away before they meet their moral and legal obligation

the MINORITY got off their butt and made their customers whole because it was the RIGHT thing to do
I might be trolling, but I'm not some wacko that waited ten years for an undelivered product.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might be trolling, but I'm not some wacko that waited ten years for an undelivered product.
The leeway some people give these prima dona fkng cuemakers is laughable. Agree 100% with your takes. These people who act all butthurt need a scrip of 'GROWACET'.

Naitch

I was wondering how his cues played and their resale value but after this his reputation can't help their resale value

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I was wondering how his cues played and their resale value but after this his reputation can't help their resale value
Not really.
Kent makes good cues and he has that unique veneering the most figured part of the woods that attracts many.
He might not take any more orders but he should have no problem selling cues.
I do hope he settles the cue owed if the claim is true.