My "new" Anniversary is here

Donkey Puncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
36199093.jpg

Seriously though congrats. Let us know how strong the ghost is on that table. Every table has a ghost, you knew that right?

F*cking EXACTLY what I was thinking.......

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
so where are you located and what beer should we bring? :cool:

one of the nicest brunswick models ever - and there she is, in your house. :thumbup:

enjoy!

best,
brian kc

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

View attachment 265901

Almost done and ready for the first break!

-
I notice that it looks like the long rail has been cut at the side pocket. Either there's a pocket casting or a one piece long rail..
Is that side rail two pieces?
I'd like to add that we can see stretch shadows on the cloth, the ball will track the grain. The cloth was installed/stretched somewhat unevenly.
Enjoy' those old Brunswick tables are king.
Rob.M
-

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I've sat here and admired your table for the longest time. You've obviously put a lot of time, trouble, and certainly no small amount of expense into your project.
I've got to say, however, I agree with the other guys as to the color of the cloth. It doubtless goes with the rooms décor, but I think the table itself would be better served with the same color cloth that Brunswick used when it rolled off the assembly line.
Just my dos pesos. Still beautiful. :)

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
1945-1947 Anniversary Model

The 1945-47 Anniversary Model came factory w/ no side pocket casting and no leg stretcher. This table was never modified as far as I know and has only 2 previous owners. There is a dowel on each side pocket seam. I actually considered putting in a side pocket casting and also the leg stretcher to make it look like Model D-C, but, went with it as you see!

Trent from Toledo

P.s. Sorry "dontlitethat" my cloth stretch was not perfect! I played on it before we left and it shoots nice!!! It should relax a little as well. Matt: if you notice any issues: I AM YOUR BILLIARD MECHANIC!!! I am in your area often and stand behind my work! Thanks for the constructive criticism, some people can be real jerks about that!

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
View attachment 265911

View attachment 265912I'm in love....awesome job and many thanks to Trent and 8 on the Break....in Toledo, Ohio. Give him a call and tell him you saw Matt's table posted on AZ!

Such a beautiful table but I am going to have to jump on the band wagon with the whole red cloth thing. But in the end, it's what makes you happy and that's all that matters.

P.S. The only reason I don't care for the red cloth is because I feel it has a negative effect on the way I play. I just don't see the balls as well on a red cloth. Enjoy your table, it looks great.:thumbup:

Brian in VA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on that beautiful restored Anniversary! I've owned my 1952 model for about 7 years now and it is one of my prized possessions.

You've inspired me to work on restoring mine or at least "refreshing" it's look.

Enjoy it!

Brian in VA

flash5153

none
Silver Member
The 1945-47 Anniversary Model came factory w/ no side pocket casting and no leg stretcher. This table was never modified as far as I know and has only 2 previous owners. There is a dowel on each side pocket seam. I actually considered putting in a side pocket casting and also the leg stretcher to make it look like Model D-C, but, went with it as you see!

Trent from Toledo

P.s. Sorry "dontlitethat" my cloth stretch was not perfect! I played on it before we left and it shoots nice!!! It should relax a little as well. Matt: if you notice any issues: I AM YOUR BILLIARD MECHANIC!!! I am in your area often and stand behind my work! Thanks for the constructive criticism, some people can be real jerks about that!

I just had a table re-topped by a professional. And it had some "stretch" marks in it also. Looks like a shadow really. It went away within a week or so of playing on it. No problem!!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Beautiful table Trent, one of the best ever made. Red, blue, green cloth or whatever, ENJOY your table! I have a similar one for sale out here, also in excellent condition. It's the DC 9' model with side pocket castings. If anyone is interested you can contact me at jayhelfert@yahoo.com. This table needs no refinishing, it's ready to go! And the price is right, currently taking up much needed space in my garage.

Attachments

• DSC03661.jpg
    DSC03661.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 599
  • DSC03835.jpg
    DSC03835.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:

mmcquown

Registered
Red cause the wife says

Red was clearly a decor decision....I was torn between this and Dark Green (32). Ultimately, the coin toss went to red.

Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I'm blessed for this to be my first table and already know it is not my last. I already told Trent to keep an eye out for an 8 ft Centennial as that is what I really wanted....but just didn't have the cash to sink in to it.

Criticism aside, I have to give the biggest thanks to Trent at 8 on the Break. For a restorer that has only been in the field for a year, he was the ultimate pro and took great care in making this table the best. He spent nearly 5 hours just on the set up and assembly alone at my house. My first break at 1:30 this morning was priceless.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Beautiful table!!!!!! I really love the way those things look, I have a GC right now with modified rails for current cushions and it plays great but I like the way these look much better. I think my wife would kill me if I told her I wanted a different table. Hhhhmm, she didn't say anything about a second table though................

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
Red was clearly a decor decision....I was torn between this and Dark Green (32). Ultimately, the coin toss went to red.

Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I'm blessed for this to be my first table and already know it is not my last. I already told Trent to keep an eye out for an 8 ft Centennial as that is what I really wanted....but just didn't have the cash to sink in to it.

Criticism aside, I have to give the biggest thanks to Trent at 8 on the Break. For a restorer that has only been in the field for a year, he was the ultimate pro and took great care in making this table the best. He spent nearly 5 hours just on the set up and assembly alone at my house. My first break at 1:30 this morning was priceless.

Hey, we all know if momma aint happy nobody's happy! My wife tried that on me and I told a little white lie, I said that they discontinued that color. :grin:

jfowle23

Registered

Trent from Toledo

Just wondering why you went with staples instead of adhesive? You did a wonderful job regardless. Might need your services in Ann Arbor area as I had a hack move my Anniversary and am not real happy with the way its playing.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I prefer staples when possible.

The only time I ever use adhesive is when there are no slatepads to staple into. Especially using a speed cloth and not a "felt". Let me know if I can be of service. Thanks

Trent from Toledo
(419)740-0133

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The only time I ever use adhesive is when there are no slatepads to staple into. Especially using a speed cloth and not a "felt". Let me know if I can be of service. Thanks

Trent from Toledo
(419)740-0144

If you get the Simonis cloth installation DVDs, they'll help you fully understand how to install the bed cloth with no stretch shadows, and the cloth won't come loose end to end over time, as that bed cloth will. I'm not knocking your work, just trying to help you fully understand a better way of installing cloth. I fully understand the work involved in working on pool tables...been doing it for 30 years;)

Glen

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I wish we have this table in China for the price you mentioned... I want one in my room so bad..