My new joint (No cue only parts.).

daimion

Something Clever...
Silver Member
That is some sweet looking work! Something surely to be proud of, congratulations!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pin is handsome but no one gets to see it.....joint protectors cover it when not in use and when assembled,
the joint pin can't be seen either......heck, as far as I'm concerned, as long as the pin is the type I want, it doesn't
matter a tinkers damn if it's engraved, emblazoned or gold plated......it's inside the cue shaft when in use and when
not, the cue is inside my case......It's like having a engraved magazine for my Beretta....pretty outside by itself but when
loaded, i.e., in use, the mag is invisible and so who cares what it looks like as long as it performs.......just my opinion.

Matt B.

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want to top this North_Demon you need to show us a titanium nitride coated joint pin :)

meridianblades

BIG SHILL
Silver Member
It is used in steel making jewelry.
It is the same weight with the stainless steel.

I am pretty sure the Timascus (which is trademarked) is Damascus made with Titanium, and would then be lighter than stainless, and the picture which is copyrighted came from Chuck's website, who owns AKS, a knife materials supplier. So then this material would be primarily used in making blades.....:thumbup:

north_demon_cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am pretty sure the Timascus (which is trademarked) is Damascus made with Titanium, and would then be lighter than stainless, and the picture which is copyrighted came from Chuck's website, who owns AKS, a knife materials supplier. So then this material would be primarily used in making blades.....:thumbup:

I used Damascus steel(Not AKS's Timascus), which is almost the same weight with the stainless steel.
Not too much weight than stainless steel.
Some Damascus steel is more beautiful, but heavier.
AKS,I have his work and his work is heavy.
I might use it for joint.

Last edited:

north_demon_cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pin is handsome but no one gets to see it.....joint protectors cover it when not in use and when assembled,
the joint pin can't be seen either......heck, as far as I'm concerned, as long as the pin is the type I want, it doesn't
matter a tinkers damn if it's engraved, emblazoned or gold plated......it's inside the cue shaft when in use and when
not, the cue is inside my case......It's like having a engraved magazine for my Beretta....pretty outside by itself but when
loaded, i.e., in use, the mag is invisible and so who cares what it looks like as long as it performs.......just my opinion.

Matt B.

Yes, you are right.
But I just wanted to provide customers with more choices.
Some people like it. So just one more choice.

Last edited: