My Scotty Townsend Tribute & Tournament info

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a pretty healthy calcutta! I'm gonna have to start going to these tournaments. ;)

I would like to call you out on that, sir, by saying if you go, I will too.

I am afraid I would get called out on that though!

We really should go and bug Joe...as should the rest of the AZB!

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coming up at 4pm central on the feature stream table.

USA's #1 player The South Dakota Kid Shane Van Boening vs Mike Delawder

Winners side action race to 4

.Online bracket link for the One Pocket event here ↪ http://challonge.com/STMOnePocket

DCC ACTION ROOM (6).jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Scotty Townsend Memorial One Pocket will resume at Noon Central with winner side action.

USA's #1 player The South Dakota Kid Shane Van Boening vs The Derby City One Pocket Champion Billy Thorpe.

.Online bracket link for the One Pocket event here ↪ http://challonge.com/STMOnePocket

To purchase a pass and sweat the action click this link here ↪ www.PoolActionTV.com

DCC ACTION ROOM (11).jpg

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Scotty could definitely endear himself to you. He was like that; fearless, a loyal friend, funny as hell, all his zingers delivered with that down home Southern drawl of his. My heart smiles inside when I think about him. :angel2:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush....
...naturally, Scotty went on the high-roll....

IMG_3076.JPG

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live stream matches start @ noon central

.Scotty Townsend Memorial One Pocket will resume at noon central, with one loss side action.

The Warrior Warren Kiamco vs Hillbilly Charlie Bryant.

Jeremy Jones will be in the commentary booth breaking down all the shots and strategies.

Lots of great pool left to go for this event the rest of the week. :)

Today will be all One Pocket action one loss side match @ noon the hotseat match will be @ 4pm and semi final @ 8pm.

Friday will be One Pocket finals (race to 6) @ noon and the 10 Ball ring game $500 added $100 entry @ 8pm.

Saturday and Sunday will be the $5,000 added Open 9 Ball featuring a full field of 128 killer players.

DCC ACTION ROOM (18).jpg

Lots of cash riding on all these matches, now we are down to the final 6 players. :thumbup:

17274468_414070148952064_1315904135_n.jpg

jj-s-gif.gif

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check out this awesome poster being signed by all the players and friends of Scotty's at this great memorial event :smile:

17342596_1582494818447270_6273004119786736712_n.jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coming up next at The Scotty Townsend Memorial @ 8pm central.

The One Pocket Semi Finals

Battle of The Young Guns Derby City One Pocket Champion Billy Thorpe vs Evan Lunda.

Jeremy Jones will be in the commentary booth breaking down all the shots and strategies :thumbup:

To purchase a pass click this link here ↪ www.PoolActionTV.com

DCC ACTION ROOM (19).jpg

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Scotty Townsend Memorial One Pocket live stream will resume at Noon Central.

The Final is One Single Race to 6 Games.

USA's #1 player The South Dakota Kid Shane Van Boening vs The Derby City One Pocket Champion Billy Thorpe.

Jeremy Jones will be in the commentary booth breaking down all the shots and strategies.

Check out all the options on day and event PPV passes.

And don't forget only few days left to get 6 month all inclusive membership, offer now available until the 20th.

With the 6 month membership you get every event PoolActonTV streams for 20 bucks a month.

Check out the full PoolActionTV streaming schedule here ↪ http://www.poolactiontv.com/pages/Schedule.html

To purchase a pass click this link here ↪ www.PoolActionTV.com

DCC ACTION ROOM (20).jpg

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is some cool photo's from the Sotty Townsend Memorial event :thumbup:

SVB playing Evan Lunda for the hotseat.

17361536_1583836504979768_1020194233711533392_n.jpg

Jeremy Jones and Ronnie Wiseman doing a great job in the commentary booth.

17353394_1583837004979718_3251085739040281612_n.jpg

One of the all time great pool sweaters and high dollar calcutta buyer Charlie Brown keeping track of his horses.

17353519_1583837581646327_2372443765923615579_n.jpg

Jeff Sullivan and Ileana Ford doing a great job running the event.

17342499_1583838501646235_4716482582026225166_n.jpg

Somebody checking out all the great pool cues

17352235_1583838191646266_1157659160136753047_n.jpg

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is some cool photo's from the Sotty Townsend Memorial event :thumbup:

One of the all time great pool sweaters and high dollar calcutta buyer Charlie Brown keeping track of his horses.

View attachment 453308

Terry, Thanks much for the pic of my best friend in pool, (and life) Charlie Brown!..Looks like he hasn't missed too many meals!..We are still in touch after 60 yrs.!..He was always my major stakehorse!..He was also best man at my wedding!
A few years ago, his wife Dorothy, and my wife passed away almost similtaniously..They were also very close to each other too!..Sad times. :(

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Scotty could definitely endear himself to you. He was like that; fearless, a loyal friend, funny as hell, all his zingers delivered with that down home Southern drawl of his. My heart smiles inside when I think about him. :angel2:

We first met at some pool room tournament in the south, maybe Georgia in the late 70's if I was too guess. After the matches wrapped up, we rung it up, I think Daulton was also one of us 4....All I can say, it was one of the best/fun ring games I've been in, those southern boys sure know how to ''kick the can'' compared to those northern boys. The banter and BS was just right, and the drool of ST was ever prevalent as each good and bad roll occurred.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
We first met at some pool room tournament in the south, maybe Georgia in the late 70's if I was too guess. After the matches wrapped up, we rung it up, I think Daulton was also one of us 4....All I can say, it was one of the best/fun ring games I've been in, those southern boys sure know how to ''kick the can'' compared to those northern boys. The banter and BS was just right, and the drool of ST was ever prevalent as each good and bad roll occurred.

Sounds like fun, but Shannon would have been about seven years old back then. :smile:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to Young gun Billy Thorpe for his outstanding playing in the 1Pocket division at the Inaugural Scotty Townsend Memorial. He defeated the South Dakota kid Shane Van Boening with a score of 6-4 in the race to 6 finals. Excellent job Billy and great finish for Shane getting 2nd. Third place was earned by Evan Lunda with some fantastic shooting and Hillbilly Charlie Bryant secured a respectable fourth place, great playing guys.

Join us later tonight for the 10-Ball ring game, tons of big names. Play will begin about 8pm central time. Join us then at www.PoolActionTV.com

9-Ball starts Tomorrow Noon Central time with the a full 128 field list of players, play begins after the players auction.

2O17 Scotty Townsend Memorial One Pocket Champion Billy Thorpe

That's two big wins in a row for Billy in big One Pocket events :)

BILLY THORPE T11.jpg

17274468_414070148952064_1315904135_n.jpg

Last edited: