My trip with mosconi cup team

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you so much to match room sport and partypoker.com. Without them this trip was financially unavailable. Also great job to captain mark Wilson and assistant captain don Wardell. Trip could not have went better. The team bonded, met Amir pishdad legendary decorated Seal and toured the SEAl compound which is basically impossible to see unless somebody goes thru a million hoops which mr pishdad did for us. Then we raised 1800 for disabled vets under the guidance of captain Wilson. In closing I believe this is the best country in the world by far and it was a huge honer to see in person the great men and woman who protect my way of life . I think I speak for the whole team when I say thank you sincerely to the people who made this trip possible. Namely matchroom, partypoker.net, mark Wilson , don Wardell , and especially Amir pishdad. I'll never forget it.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing this, John. All of you represented the USA well and we applaud you and wish you and your teammates every possible success in December. Glad to hear it was such a worthwhile experience.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What an awesome experience for the team! Happy Memorial Day to you and the inspiration and motivation you've experienced in Coronado will pay great dividends. Best of luck! Go USA!

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you had an awesome experience, and for a charity too. That's a great combination. This is an easy team to get behind, and I'm glad that you made the team too along with Oscar. Thanks for sharing your experience with the AZBilliards group.

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This should help our team grow strong and gel together as they learn to work and pull for each other which will be needed when the US is represented for the Mosconi Cup this December in a very tough environment. I am confidant that with Mark at the helm the entire experience is going to be much more positive than it has been the last few outings. Also I am confident that result of this event along with entire new outlook for pool and the team by Mark Wilson's truly professional approach to this event will hopefully bring the Mosconi Cup back to the US. But whether we win or not I truly feel we will be well represented by this team and people will have a new outlook and thought of professional pool in the USA.

Thanks for working together to raise money for a great cause on a 3 day holiday weekend when everyone should remember our veterans.

"The only easy day was yesterday!"

Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us."

"We want to be in a situation under maximum pressure, maximum intensity, and maximum danger. When it is shared with others, it provides a bond which is stronger than any tie that can exist."

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad to hear it was such such positive experience. Good luck to you all in the Mosconi Cup !

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you so much to match room sport and partypoker.com. Without them this trip was financially unavailable.....I'll never forget it.

I'm so happy for the team and appreciate that J. Schmidt took the time to write us.
However, and with much respect to him as a person, it's such a shame to see his poor writing skills.

All of you know I advocate for better English, and I try to help by spreading knowledge as delicately as I can.
And I would be the first to accept someone pointing out my own mistakes, in that same respectful way.

It's just a shame to me that we complain about people gunning each other down, people crossing our borders,
and our politicians not representing our needs, but come on! We have to start with ourselves! If we don't start
focusing on what's REALLY important—like our language—then we're in trouble as a country. Get better, everyone!

Go Team U.S.A!!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm so happy for the team and appreciate that J. Schmidt took the time to write us.
However, and with much respect to him as a person, it's such a shame to see his poor writing skills.

All of you know I advocate for better English, and I try to help by spreading knowledge as delicately as I can.
And I would be the first to accept someone pointing out my own mistakes, in that same respectful way.

It's just a shame to me that we complain about people gunning each other down, people crossing our borders,
and our politicians not representing our needs, but come on! We have to start with ourselves! If we don't start
focusing on what's REALLY important—like our language—then we're in trouble as a country. Get better, everyone!

Go Team U.S.A!!

He probably wrote it from a phone. Who cares about punctuation and sentence structure on a message board. Your points are valid in newspaper articles and term papers, but message boards written on smart phone screens, like I'm doing now, will have mistakes.

Start another thread for that concern. Here, John posted about the team, captain Wilson, and the experience with the SEALS. Let's Congratulate him instead of lecture.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
John,

Thanks for your feedback on your experience in San Diego. Sounds like a great and worthy expenditure of time and effort in a lot of ways.

Again, thanks for taking the time for you to provide your thoughts.

And congratulations!

Will Prout

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope you guys were smart enough not to beat any of those SEALs at pool. Best to just let them win.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He probably wrote it from a phone. Who cares about punctuation and sentence structure on a message board. Your points are valid in newspaper articles and term papers, but message boards written on smart phone screens, like I'm doing now, will have mistakes.

Start another thread for that concern. Here, John posted about the team, captain Wilson, and the experience with the SEALS. Let's Congratulate him instead of lecture.

I really feel sorry for people that judge people by their reading and writing ability

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Good stuff John.

See, this experience has already made the team bond, get stronger and set in motion, the preparedness that will be necessary with months of training.

Good luck with being one of the Top Picks. I sincerely believe that Team USA will benefit from yourself being one of the older players, someone that your team mates can look up to for guidance and your proven ability over the years.

Last edited:

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Outstanding John. Good luck in this endeavor and the experience of a lifetime.

The SEALS have a lot to teach us when it comes to dedication, voracity, and hard work. I don't know how much you practice but I am sure you will be inspired to perform at your highest level and may find you have gears you didn't think possible. If you give your best, you have done your part and will be proud of your effort.

Congratulations!!!

Al

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to you John Schmidt. Vernon & I are wishing you & the USA Team well...

You guys bring that Trophy back home, Mark's probably got a great spot for it.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice post John! :thumbup: You guys did a great thing, and definitely got the ball rolling in getting the team mentality going! I've heard through the grapevine that you all are to make another team appearance in the Quad Cities, after the BCA Trade show! Love what Mark is doing, and best wishes for all the Mosconi Cup team members. Thanks for keeping us in the loop John!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com