Need help deciding on an ld shaft

Snake Plisken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know it is best to test hit with as many as I can but I honestly don't have that luxury.

I will more than likely make a blind purchase. Worse case scenario if I don't like it I will put it for sale here.
I do want to try and make as educated of a purchase as I can though without trying it. This will be my 1'st ld shaft.

Please tell me what you like or don't like out there and why.

Considering the usual suspect; Predator, OB, and McDermott (G & I shafts)

12.75" is my normal shaft preference. Anyone use an 11.75" ld shaft that normally use a larger diameter shaft bot now prefer the smaller diameter shaft?

Any help, suggestions or opinions are Greatly appreciated. :grin-square:

Thank you in advance

twal

"W"
Silver Member
LD shaft

I would suggest you use the search section here to see what has been said about the shafts you are interested in.
You could get 100 different opinions and to likes dislikes, feel, deflection, etc...
As for the diameter, here is my opinion:
I don't like small shafts. I am a big guy and have big hands. I did use a Z2 @ 11.75mm but too small for me.
That is my $.02 :D

strokerace

"The Hustler"
Silver Member
I know it is best to test hit with as many as I can but I honestly don't have that luxury.

I will more than likely make a blind purchase. Worse case scenario if I don't like it I will put it for sale here.
I do want to try and make as educated of a purchase as I can though without trying it. This will be my 1'st ld shaft.

Please tell me what you like or don't like out there and why.

Considering the usual suspect; Predator, OB, and McDermott (G & I shafts)

12.75" is my normal shaft preference. Anyone use an 11.75" ld shaft that normally use a larger diameter shaft bot now prefer the smaller diameter shaft?

Any help, suggestions or opinions are Greatly appreciated. :grin-square:

Thank you in advance

I had the same thought..which is best..well after buying more than 10
different models..i have tried..ob OB1..classic..Preditor..Tiger..Meucci
black dots..G core..Universal Smart Shaft..and there is only one conclusion..OB Classic Pro and Universal Smart Shaft..the LD squirt one..
but i also tried the Regular squirt one as well and liked it too..so..my total
oppinion..Universal Smart Shaft..which you can get extra adaptors for other pin sizes as well..so you can keep your shaft if you change cues..SA

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
I use the OB-2 11.75mm I'm strictly barbox and love the ability this shaft gives me to control the rock.