NEED HELP FINDING APP FOR MOBILE PHONE TO DIAGRAM SHOTS ON A POOL TABLE

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Didn't come up in my search
Google “Chalky Stix for iPhone”. Download the app. Looks like it could work, but I did not try it.

WIFE LIKES survivor, and I have to have a drink of two to get through that nonsense.

Reactions: bbb

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is something that I could make if there is interest and nothing else exists.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had chalkystick a few years ago. It was pretty good.

To be honest though I think since everyone had a smart phone with a built in nice camera, the drawing programs became way less popular than in the early 2000’s.

The couple apps I tried were also all either not scaled properly, or were 7’ tables. None of the modern ones are a true 9’ table.

Last edited:

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This works😉
received_880328530518556.jpeg

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does chalky stix have a phone app?
Google “Chalky Stix for iPhone”. Download the app. Looks like it could work, but I did not try it.

WIFE LIKES survivor, and I have to have a drink of two to get through that nonsense.
I had chalkystick a few years ago. It was pretty good.

To be honest though I think since everyone had a smart phone with a built in nice camera, the drawing programs became way less popular than in the early 2000’s.

The couple apps I tried were also all either not scaled properly, or were 7’ tables. None of the modern ones are a true 9’ table.
Not sure but will check and report back
chalky stix for iphone.jpeg

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too could not find chalky sticks now. I checked my app history, and found these 2. I don't know if they still work, its been about 10 years since I tried either.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Edit, I found chalkysticks. It looks like it's web based? But they also link to an app in the first page of their website.

The web app direct link:

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wrote one years ago for Android, but it wasn't super fancy. but you could drag and drop to place the balls around the table to show layouts and save a screen shot.

Wouldn't take much work to extend it with the features that some of the web based apps have.

Here is a screen shot of it;

1000003952.jpg

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
draw shot i downloaded on my iphone but it wouldnt open
chalky stix i downloaded finally but couldnt get it to work
i have several shot pads so i guess i may end up following @alphadog suggestion above
i appreciate all the replies
if anyone has other ideas
i am still open to suggestions

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be neat if you could use image segmentation to automatically create a chart using a camera image.

The image processing for that is over my head. I am sure there are some people out there with a better skill set than me for this. I have trouble just recognizing any round object consistently.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wrote one years ago for Android, but it wasn't super fancy. but you could drag and drop to place the balls around the table to show layouts and save a screen shot.

Wouldn't take much work to extend it with the features that some of the web based apps have.

Here is a screen shot of it;

View attachment 753363

Yeah, just Flutterize this and launch it again. Looks like most of the assets and work is done.