Need help on diamondizing my gc3

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
If I had to do things all over agian I would have waiting until I could just get the diamond or have Mark and Jerimy make the GC3 play like an awesome GC3, but probably go with the Diamond. So,maybe save your money. The pro-cut pockets without the deeper shelf does not substitute for the diamond. I have my pockets pro-cut at 4 3/8 and it plays way easier and bigger then the 4.5 pro cuts on the diamond.

I had my GCII sub-rails extended for 4 3/8" pockets and modified for Artemis cushions but I did not end up with shallow pocket shelves for some reason. I made a template of my pocket opening and shelf, my shelf depth is almost exactly the same as on pro-cut Blue Label Diamonds.

picture.php

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I had my GCII sub-rails extended for 4 3/8" pockets and modified for Artemis cushions but I did not end up with shallow pocket shelves for some reason. I made a template of my pocket opening and shelf, my shelf depth is almost exactly the same as on pro-cut Blue Label Diamonds.

picture.php

That looks like it doesn't taper down like a 141* cut. I like it.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

picture.php

You should be playing 1P on that table. It looks real nice

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
That looks like it doesn't taper down like a 141* cut. I like it.

Thank you.
Yeah, I am not sure what the actual angles are. Josh at Club Billiards did the rails for me, I am happy with it. I was talking with Mark at Perfect Pocketz but he was real busy at the time, with shipping back and forth my table would have been down over a month.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You should be playing 1P on that table. It looks real nice

Thank you for the compliment.
I am still a relatively new pool player, I must admit that I do not know how to play 1 pocket. I get the gist of it but I know none of the nuances. It may not seem like that big of a deal but I played in a 9 ball tournament, I rarely play 9 ball, and got my butt kicked not because of missed shots but poor strategy. Things I did not do like taking a foul and pocketing the 9 when its in the jaws of a pocket when you do not have a shot after the break.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the compliment.
I am still a relatively new pool player, I must admit that I do not know how to play 1 pocket. I get the gist of it but I know none of the nuances. It may not seem like that big of a deal but I played in a 9 ball tournament, I rarely play 9 ball, and got my butt kicked not because of missed shots but poor strategy. Things I did not do like taking a foul and pocketing the 9 when its in the jaws of a pocket when you do not have a shot after the break.

Do you go to Romines for the 9 ball tournament?
There are a bunch of guys that also play 1P during or after the tournament. I'm sure they would be happy to show you a thing of two:wink:

JC

Coos Cues
Mark Gregory is the real deal. Reasonable pricing and top notch work.

Glen came to my home, redesigned and rebuilt my table. Steel plated the slates. Rebuilt the rails to the latest specs. Installed a leveling system. Assembled and leveled it with new cloth for the same price Mark quoted to work on the rails shipped to him.

Where I come from that's the real deal, reasonably priced. Just some perspective.

Now for the love of god would someone please answer the guy's question? Who cares if he plans on hiring beavers to chew the new angles in? Maybe he just want's to know the particulars so he knows the right questions to ask a professional before hiring him.

JC

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Glen came to my home, redesigned and rebuilt my table. Steel plated the slates. Rebuilt the rails to the latest specs. Installed a leveling system. Assembled and leveled it with new cloth for the same price Mark quoted to work on the rails shipped to him.

Where I come from that's the real deal, reasonably priced. Just some perspective.

Now for the love of god would someone please answer the guy's question? Who cares if he plans on hiring beavers to chew the new angles in? Maybe he just want's to know the particulars so he knows the right questions to ask a professional before hiring him.

JC

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JC again.

app4dstn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you.
Yeah, I am not sure what the actual angles are. Josh at Club Billiards did the rails for me, I am happy with it. I was talking with Mark at Perfect Pocketz but he was real busy at the time, with shipping back and forth my table would have been down over a month.

Did you watch the process?

What's different now, with regards to the angles? (I'm assuming more balls go down that previously rattled in the jaws and stayed up)

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Did you watch the process?

What's different now, with regards to the angles? (I'm assuming more balls go down that previously rattled in the jaws and stayed up)

No, I did not watch the rails get modified. I Fed Exed them down to Josh @ Club Billiards, he turned them around in a week for me. They came back with sub-rails modified, Artemis cushions installed, and covered in my new green Simonis.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Do you go to Romines for the 9 ball tournament?
There are a bunch of guys that also play 1P during or after the tournament. I'm sure they would be happy to show you a thing of two:wink:

I was going to go down there for the 9 ball tournament on Friday the 26th, they were not sure there was going to be one though. Its an hour ride for me one way, if it was less I would have headed down just to practice at least. I might stop down this coming up week during the day, I'm off all week.