Need some help on BK2

starburst

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,

I'm facing some situation here. I got a BK2 for my b'day gift but unfortunately I've got a break cue but could use a player. Does anyone know if BK2 can be used as a player by changing the tip. What's the spec of the shaft, like the taper, diameter? Does it play similar to 314-2?

Thanks

perspicaz

o-^-*-^-o
Silver Member
I have seen some good players here use a BK (not BK2) as their "bar" player and such.
I am not sure if the BK2 with a normal tip will make for a good player... in the end the definition of "good player" cue is mainly subjective.
I guess you will have to try it to see if you like it... or simply trade it for a playing cue in the same price range.

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member
Hi guys,

I'm facing some situation here. I got a BK2 for my b'day gift but unfortunately I've got a break cue but could use a player. Does anyone know if BK2 can be used as a player by changing the tip. What's the spec of the shaft, like the taper, diameter? Does it play similar to 314-2?

Thanks

Even with a leather tip, it doesn't play at all like a 314-2. The taper and the diameter are stronger on the BK2 making the BK2 play a lot stiffer. Using a BK2 as a player is entirely a personal preference. I have both and I've tried my BK2 as a player a couple times (leather tipped) and it's not terrible. Better than a house cue for sure.

Happy Birthday!

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get a 314-2 and keep the breaker shaft for when you get rid of the cue.

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
I've played with mine a couple time but having a phonelic tip on it doesn't play that well . But anything is possible .

starburst

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think it would play differently compared to 314-2. I might try to sell it and get myself a playing cue. thanks for the input