New cue from Unretired me....

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a very traditional butterfly cue with non-traditional woods. Macassar forearm with veneers; Australian Red Gum cored handle, Marblewood buttpiece with "Lithium" woven rings, veneers matching forearm. 56"length, two 11.8mmEuropean taper (compound, not conical) shafts, 18.7 weight. $850 delivered in the US. (Paypal ID is my email.) IMG_0921.jpegIMG_0922.jpegIMG_0923.jpeg

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a very traditional butterfly cue with non-traditional woods. Macassar forearm with veneers; Australian Red Gum cored handle, Marblewood buttpiece with "Lithium" woven rings, veneers matching forearm. 56"length, two 11.8mmEuropean taper (compound, not conical) shafts, 18.7 weight. $850 delivered in the US. (Paypal ID is my email.)View attachment 723749View attachment 723750View attachment 723751
Hi Ron, what's a European "compound" taper?

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Ron, what's a European "compound" taper?
It is a shaft that contains two separate tapers, one from the joint end that is quite strong, and the forward taper which has a slightly steeper slope to achieve the final tip diameter. The two tapers are blended together 8-10 inches from the tip. It is slightly more stiff than a pure conical, popular with straight-rail and balkline players who commonly use 11mm tips where a conical taper would produce a shaft very light with a bit more deflection.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is a shaft that contains two separate tapers, one from the joint end that is quite strong, and the forward taper which has a slightly steeper slope to achieve the final tip diameter. The two tapers are blended together 8-10 inches from the tip. It is slightly more stiff than a pure conical, popular with straight-rail and balkline players who commonly use 11mm tips where a conical taper would produce a shaft very light with a bit more deflection.
Thank you.