New Maker in Town!

Treadway Cues

Cuemaker
Silver Member
New Maker in Town! DETAILED PHOTOS POSTED!

I have just began making my own cues. Here is an example of my work so far. Hope I have a bright future ahead of me!

Facts about the Cue:

18.9 oz
12.75mm tip with a 12" pro taper
Kamuii Black Super Soft tip
Sabre-T Ferrules
Black Phenolic joint with Radial style pin
Black Leather wrap
Camtilla Forearm with four Holly Points
Black, Holly, and Blue veneers
Camtilla butt sleeve
Black Phenolic Butt cap
A,B,C,D,and E Rings.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 1st cue.jpg
    1st cue.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 829
Last edited:

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Nice cue how's the hit ?And can you send me that one to hit some balls with ?????

Junior1228

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cue how's the hit ?And can you send me that one to hit some balls with ?????

Straight and to the point. I like it.

Please post some more pics of your cue. I'm sure most, including myself would like to see some closer pix.

Nice looking cue by the way.

Junior

Treadway Cues

Cuemaker
Silver Member
I will be sure to take some better pictures tonight and will post them here in the morning. Thanks for the interest!

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pretty brave venture Holly on Camatillo ,as bad as that wood bleeds i figure it was tough keeping the Holly clean.
nice looking cue.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
I forgot to ask when I was shooting with it. Is the Holly fortified or treated with anything? Great looking first cue Josh.

Treadway Cues

Cuemaker
Silver Member
Thanks for all of the kind words. Yes, the Holly has been stabilized in order to prevent it from picking up any bleeding color from the Camatillo.

I am apprenticing under Jim Buss and feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to learn from a top cue maker.

As far as the hit of the cue, it is a bit on the soft and quiet side. I have noticed that it requires less english to move the cue ball around than I am used to and seems to allow the cue ball to drive through the object ball easier. One person stated that the "shaft feels like it loads itself when applying english to the cue ball but isn't whippy." It feels very well balanced and have gotten rave reviews from everyone that has tried it which includes some very good shortstops that play in my area.

More pictures will come!

Treadway Cues

Cuemaker
Silver Member
Here are the detailed pictures that everyone has asked about. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• DSCN0052.JPG
    DSCN0052.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCN0068.JPG
    DSCN0068.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCN0070.JPG
    DSCN0070.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 403
  • DSCN0071.jpg
    DSCN0071.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 400
  • DSCN0072.JPG
    DSCN0072.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 427

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish you lots of hard work + big rewards !!

That was a mouthful you slipped in there- apprentice under Mr. Jim Buss!! good luck with your new full time, wk ends, 60hr wks + job. Jim Buss makes great playing cues!! You can bet he has some secrets under his Hat!! mark

Treadway Cues

Cuemaker
Silver Member
Here are a few pictures of a sneaky pete that I just finished.

Attachments

• DSCN0078.JPG
    DSCN0078.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 292
  • DSCN0077.JPG
    DSCN0077.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 301