new point style for 2013

full splice look on a short splice platform.
thanks for looking
robert harris

Attachments

• DSCF0421.jpg
    DSCF0421.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 713
  • DSCF0423.jpg
    DSCF0423.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 717
  • DSCF0424.jpg
    DSCF0424.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 728
  • DSCF0425.jpg
    DSCF0425.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 709
  • DSCF0426.jpg
    DSCF0426.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 717

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that is really nice
for what its worth ,i think this is the best of all worlds

very nice looking cue

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More and more cuemakers figuring out how to achieve this. Great news for customers. 10 years ago you could drive a car through the gaps of too many 4 pointers, and if you wanted a tight point geometry there were only a handful of guys who knew how to cut it.

-roger

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dig those points and veneers! I'm not sure how they might look full-splice but I am not really concerned either...they look great!

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure how they might look full-splice but I am not really concerned either...they look great!

He's going to wrap the cue below where the base of the points are touching, and use an ebony buttsleeve. For all you know, it can be a full-splice blank with a wrap groove cut into the handle area.

Paul Fanelli showed me his method of accomplishing the same "faux full-splice" short splice, it's done differently but the end result is the same.

-roger

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's going to wrap the cue below where the base of the points are touching, and use an ebony buttsleeve. For all you know, it can be a full-splice blank with a wrap groove cut into the handle area.

Paul Fanelli showed me his method of accomplishing the same "faux full-splice" short splice, it's done differently but the end result is the same.

-roger

I see.

Not many full-splice with points that long, but I get it. :thumbup:

gatorjoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you continue to do this to me rob. That looks great by the way.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice! I´m more of a brown guy but I do like that ebony and ascending blue veneer combo, seems that you have find a nice dark maple forearm also:smile:. Keep the pics coming!

Thx

Chrippa

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Presumably, when you describe this point style as "new", you mean new for you. To be clear (and for the record) the "zero gap" short splice has been built by a number of cuemakers for many decades; Burton Spain himself first showed me something virtually identical in the late 80's.

TW

my new points

as pointed out by the gent from the great white north. this is a new point cutting program i just wrote and was excited to share with fellow azer's. but lets set the record straight .It's 80 degrees warmer or more in florida than the great white north. lol

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
don't worry the rest of us are use to the self serving critical remarks from this
guy

everyone else agrees that you are making beautiful points
long and wide

pm me i would like one

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
don't worry the rest of us are use to the self serving critical remarks from this
guy

[...]

I generally assume most posters know the meaning of the words they use and do so deliberately. The original poster described his point style as "new for 2013". So for the historical record I think it's reasonable to note that, while it may be new for him, it's been done [by others] about a gazillion time in the past. Nothing "critical" in that - just clarifying the historical facts.

Additionally, I have never personally built a 4-point short splice with the point veneers so close as to emulate a full splice, so I can't see how anyone could consider what I wrote to be "self-serving" - since this cue design will undoubtedly be so far outside my own market as to be inconsequential to me in any way whatsoever.

Therefore, I would be very interested in seeing you explain what you imagine is "self serving" OR "critical" about what I wrote in this thread... you know, if you think you can.

TW

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
as pointed out by the gent from the great white north. this is a new point cutting program i just wrote and was excited to share with fellow azer's. but lets set the record straight .It's 80 degrees warmer or more in florida than the great white north. lol
Robert,
That is a beautiful splice you have made.
I see your a new member to this forum. Please try not to take remarks personal in your thread. I know you didn't think the word "NEW" would cause such a problem. Since this is your thread, about your cue, most of us understand this is a new technique for you.
Lots of knowledge here of AZ you will find out.
Don't think a history lesson was called for in this case.
Once again, nice work keep it up.
Best,
Ken

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
cast one pearl 2

Very nice work. Sorry I was thinking about knitting. Don't know why. Your Cues really show your ability as a fine machinest. I like your inlay work alot too. Great work on indexing your centers.
You are also nice enough to help put one one of the finest best liked tournaments held for the players benefit at the Starcade. No green fees $1500 added and very nice Cues given away.
I hope you do great. You care enough to support this game out of pocket and deserve more respect. Enough talkie words.
That is one fine forearm.
Nick :)