New Predator Break Cue is out

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know many good breakers who use English on the break shot.

JoeyA

Yes you do Joey. You know many. Because no one hits the cue ball accurately every time on regular shots, less so on the break. What you should have said is "I don't know any good breakers who *intentionally* use English on the break", a statement that I would agree with. The whole point of LD on a break cue is to mitigate the problems associated with an off center hit on the break. You can screw up more and still get a square hit on the front ball. That's what that's about.

Also, yes, there are times when using English is a good strategy. The front ball break in 8 ball and the side rail break in 9 ball (1 on the spot) are not those times lol. But 9 on the spot break from the box is on that comes to mind.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

knifemakermike

Registered
Funny story.....

I started playing again a few months ago after not playing for over a decade. Never owned a break cue besides a sneaky pete. I got a Mezz Kai with H-shaft and I can't believe I ever played without one.

That's great and all except for the fact that I never get to use it because losers rack while winners break, and I lose a lot....

So now my break is devastating and scares guys into not giving me as much weight as I really need..... I can barely run 4-5 balls.

I don't think the difference once you go into these break cues is enough to buy new ones, but that's just me. There is a physics limitation to the equipment and once you hit it it becomes about the technique. I don't mind anyone spending there money anyway they want if they can, I'm just saying a lot of it is marketing once you reach a certain level.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My technique is decent, so I should jump from a C+ player to an A+ player with this Predator BK Rush break cue :)

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Not just the shaft, likely a whole new marketing campaign to differentiate between the BK, BK2 & BK3. Or wait until next year for BK-Rush 2. :D

What makes it different than the previous BK cues? Just the shaft?

pinkspider

Crap user name, I know.
Silver Member
Not just the shaft, likely a whole new marketing campaign to differentiate between the BK, BK2 & BK3. Or wait until next year for BK-Rush 2. :D

But not before releasing a carbon fiber Airbender jump cue first! lol

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
So i got the Rush delivered to me about 2 hours before league this past night.

Worth mentioning, that before the Rush i was using something super similar. I was using the sport 2 butt with the sports wrap & a regular 12.4mm Revo shaft with a Samsara break/jump tip. The cue was 18.5ozs & broke the balls amazing.

So now the only difference in the Rush is the shaft mm which is 12.9mm, the new predator hybrid break tip & the whole cue is 17.9ozs so .6ozs lighter.

Didnt get in many breaks as i didnt shoot tonight as i added a new team member tonight & shot him instead of me.

Table was 7" bar box from the 50's and no name on it anywhere, definitely not a valley. Use the ryo rack which is the best rack ive ever used to get the balls tight without a doubt on a bar box. Also only play 8 ball.

1st couple of breaks were 4 inches to the right of the center spot, hitting the 1ball head on. Lots of action & great spreads. No balls were bunched & averaged 1.5 balls made per break.

Next couple attempts were 1 inch off the right rail bitting the 2nd ball in the rack. Decent results & lots of movement on the 8 ball. However ended up in lots clusters.

Will try to get about 10-20 more break attempts in Tuesday when i go back to bar for the weekly tourney.

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got the BK rush

Love it

Absolutely ridicous and easily the best product i've owned ever in terms of a break cue.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my BK Rush wrapless on Saturday. Took it to league last night. Broke really well with it... transfers power really well. 4 others hit with it and loved it as well. After adjustment I'm sure this will replace my BKIII.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The new Predator Break cue, the BK-Rush with revo break shaft is out:
$659 for no wrap, $709 for sport wrap.

????????????????????

Are they F'n NUTS!????

They are Nuckin' Futz. And it will most likely sell. I wonder how much better it is compared to my CueTec Bullet or a Dufferin house cue.

Last edited:

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are Nuckin' Futz. And it will most likely sell. I wonder how better it is compared to my CueTec Bullet or a Dufferin house cue.

Sell?
Hell yes they will sell.
Most places are already completely sold out.....:eek:
Like I said earlier in this thread, there is exactly no way I would ever buy a cue that I can not readily buy another shaft for.
Predator break cues - all of them - have been notoriously hard to get shafts for.
I'm using a Mezz Power Break II and I love it. The rack simply explodes.
If I break the shaft or something happens to it I go online and order another one.
End of story. Good luck doing that with the BK Rush.

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sell?
Hell yes they will sell.
Most places are already completely sold out.....:eek:
Like I said earlier in this thread, there is exactly no way I would ever buy a cue that I can not readily buy another shaft for.
Predator break cues - all of them - have been notoriously hard to get shafts for.
I'm using a Mezz Power Break II and I love it. The rack simply explodes.
If I break the shaft or something happens to it I go online and order another one.
End of story. Good luck doing that with the BK Rush.

Serious question...

Have you ever broken a shaft on a break cue when breaking? I ask only because I have never broken a shaft in many years of playing and have never seen anyone break one.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Serious question...

Have you ever broken a shaft on a break cue when breaking?

Nope. Never broken or seen a shaft broken when breaking.

But shafts need to be replaced whenever they break, and I've seen a lot of shafts break; always by accident, but I'd hate to render a 700 dollar cue useless because I can't get another shaft.
Granted, I've dropped my Predator cue with a Revo shaft pretty hard on the floor and there wasn't as much a dent, ding or a scratch on it.
So obviously they would need a lot to break.
But dings don't just get polished out of these shafts.
I know a guy who dinged up his Revo about 8 inches from the tip and it makes it very annoying to play with the shaft.

Last edited:

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Serious question...

Have you ever broken a shaft on a break cue when breaking? I ask only because I have never broken a shaft in many years of playing and have never seen anyone break one.

I haven't done it, but I have seen it done....twice

Probably weren't very expensive break cues, though

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I have seen it done, more than once in my 50 years. I believe there may be some instances in the search bar... BUT, it's not an everyday occurrence.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMHO, nobody needs a break cue that costs in the hundreds of dollars unless you are playing pool for a living.

I see the PROS using these high-dollar break cues and they aren't making any more balls than SVB does when he uses his normal Cuetec playing cue to break.

I see people in the leagues over here that can't run three balls in a row if their lives depended on it and they use $500 Predator break cues to hit the balls at 9 MPH.

All you need is a good solid cue with a good tip that you can cue accurately with at higher than normal stroke speeds. It doesn't have to be made ESPECIALLY for breaking...that is a gimmick, if you ask me.

FWIW, I prefer to use my playing cue to break with.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer to use my playing cue to break with.

I have that Mezz break cue I mentioned and it's awesome, however I LOVE breaking with my playing cue.

For some reason it just feels good.

And the playing cue I have these days is a Revo.
So that shaft can definitely stand being broken with, without shattering.

Now, of course Predator doesn't recommend doing that.
They recommend using the shaft that comes in the 700 dollar package because it has a harder tip and has some silly 1/16th of an inch pad (R-Break Shield...lol) that's a little different from the 1/16th of an inch pad on the regular Revo shaft.
Of course they do...

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Admittedly I haven't playing much at all lately, but I was using my Revo playing cue to break with also and loved it. More the reason why I wanted to try out the BK Rush.....

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
IMHO, nobody needs a break cue that costs in the hundreds of dollars unless you are playing pool for a living.

I see the PROS using these high-dollar break cues and they aren't making any more balls than SVB does when he uses his normal Cuetec playing cue to break.

I see people in the leagues over here that can't run three balls in a row if their lives depended on it and they use $500 Predator break cues to hit the balls at 9 MPH.

All you need is a good solid cue with a good tip that you can cue accurately with at higher than normal stroke speeds. It doesn't have to be made ESPECIALLY for breaking...that is a gimmick, if you ask me.

FWIW, I prefer to use my playing cue to break with.

Bought a cheap jump/break from billiards warehouse (their own brand) and I love it. It's stiff, breaks hard and jumps well. Hard to justify buying a better cue, if one exists. After all, I don't make my living playing pool, thank God.

I'm a straight pooler, I don't much care for Rotation pool or even 8 ball and I work less on my break than those who specialize in those games. That being said, most people probably should work more on their break, including me. I just don't care enough about 9/10 ball to do it.

I think the break is a fairly interesting thing to study, though. Most people who obsess about their break power IMO break about 10-20 and even 30% harder than they should. They jump off the table, scratch and lose control of the white ball maybe 1 in 3 racks, 1 in 4, 1 in 5...To me that is unacceptable. It may be that my straight pool obsession is clouding my opinion here, but I'm just not comfortable leaving the most important shot in the game to chance like that. I'd rather treat it like a straight pool break shot and leave as little to chance as possible. Mike Sigel said to always start at 70% of your maximum capability and gradually increase the power. Hard to disagree with him on pool matters, but frankly, I'd rather stay at 70 and just NEVER scratch. Most people have NO idea how much those scratches are costing them. Instead they think about the 2 times a year they make 3 balls on every break in a race to 10, forgetting all the other times where they scratched twice in the same length race...They shouldn't buy "power cues" they should buy "no scratch" cues, lol.

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ya.... by that logic, no one needs a Lambo, Ferrari, Corvette, Maserati, Pagani, etc.. unless they are professionals race car drivers. Yet, there are thousands of people that own these cars!! LOL