New Problem On AZ RE: Picture Posting Size

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Testing. One, two, three.

Feedback on fix:

The picture is too wide and causes horizontal scrolling. That wouldn't be a problem in just looking at the picture, but it screws up the justification of every other post on that page of the thread, making them very difficult to read since you have to scroll horizontally to read each line of each post on that page.

Reactions: JC

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that I really know what I'm talking about, but I do know and hate the big pics that screw up reading the posts. HOWEVER, for whatever reason the HUGE pics Mort Mike has been posting did nothing to me ability to read the posts normaly. Hope this helps.

JC

Coos Cues
I use
http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm

which is free, and you can make photo's smaller just by opening and then doing "save as" and sliding the quality slider bar down. Doesn't really make a big difference in the viewable image, but does make it considerably smaller in size. Takes about 30 seconds.

This is the best answer. Take a minute and check it out all you haters. Once you are familiar it will be second nature to you.

I have been posting photos for years to forums that limit photo size like this. This forum was the only place I have ever been that allows huge photos but as jam said, they are a pain in the ass for viewing and once one is on the page the entire thread is a mess.

IMO this "bug" is a vast improvement. Learn how to shrink your pics quickly and life goes on.

JC

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the best answer. Take a minute and check it out all you haters. Once you are familiar it will be second nature to you.

I have been posting photos for years to forums that limit photo size like this. This forum was the only place I have ever been that allows huge photos but as jam said, they are a pain in the ass for viewing and once one is on the page the entire thread is a mess.

IMO this "bug" is a vast improvement. Learn how to shrink your pics quickly and life goes on.

JC

I did a couple test uploads of pictures that were 1.5mb or bigger. All got resized to around 150-200kb. I never hit post because I didn't need to. The error was during the manage attachments phase, not the post reply. Not sure what things did before, but Mike's change on this is perfect.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feedback on fix:

The picture is too wide and causes horizontal scrolling. That wouldn't be a problem in just looking at the picture, but it screws up the justification of every other post on that page of the thread, making them very difficult to read since you have to scroll horizontally to read each line of each post on that page.

I posted a big photo for illustrative purposes. You would *never* see me posting a huge picture in a thread. I find is extremely annoying and have complained about it bitterly in the past.

The problem is most members do not know how to make their photos smaller using the FREE software that comes with their computers or smartphone, so they don't.

As well, it depends on what size monitor you have, how big your browser window is, and how many posts per page you allow. The size of the browser window and posts per page can be adjusted.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone posts a photo that is too big and you find it annoying, you can change the amount of posts per page by clicking USER CP up at the top.

Then scroll down on the left-hand side to the SETTINGS AND OPTIONS section. Under there, click EDIT OPTIONS.

Scroll down to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS and change the amount of posts per page, as depicted where I have the red arrow. I have mine set on 20. If you encounter a big photo posted by a member that is too large, change the amount to 5 and continue reading. Soon you will be on a new page without that big photo.

Attachments

• Thread Display Options.png
    Thread Display Options.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 87

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted a big photo for illustrative purposes. You would *never* see me posting a huge picture in a thread. I find is extremely annoying and have complained about it bitterly in the past.

The problem is most members do not know how to make their photos smaller using the FREE software that comes with their computers or smartphone, so they don't.

As well, it depends on what size monitor you have, how big your browser window is, and how many posts per page you allow. The size of the browser window and posts per page can be adjusted.

I thought you were testing out the "fix" and was just giving feedback, not blaming you.

I access AZB on a laptop in full screen, so if a picture causes me problems I'd imagine it does so for lots of other folks as well.

Thanks for the # of posts per page tip. It would be nice if the software fixed the problem intrinsically, but it is always good to have a workaround in the meantime.