New Singles Leagues - Everywhere

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
I played in a singles league at Corner Pocket in Waltham MA years back before they closed.

Loved the format, but there was a lack of prizes for winning, just trophies and a hat for all participants.

This leagues has 4 national tournaments per year that you get to participate in for a potential to win a lot of money

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This leagues has 4 national tournaments per year that you get to participate in for a potential to win a lot of money

Sounds great. I would suggest contacting the room owners like at Snookers in TO, and Amazing Billiards in MA.

cajunfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Singles League

There is a singles league that you can compete in that you and your opponent can choose the location and the time at your own convenience rather than having a specific place to play every single week at a specific time.

This singles league allows you to play 12 matches within a 12 week session or 4 matches per month whenever you want with any other league member you want wherever you agree to play. You can even play all 4 matches in 1 night if that is something you'd like to do.

This singles league has 4 tournaments a year at the end of each 12 week session. the tournament has 3 divisions, a championship division which has the highest payouts allocated to it, a gold division, and a silver division which has the smallest payout to it.

The 4 tournaments are national tournaments that has half of all the league fees allocated into the 3 divisions, so as the league continues to grow the payouts will also continue to grow into potentially the highest payout that any national league tournament has seen yet.

To discourage sandbagging you are required to play a minimum of half of your matches with someone of equal skill level or higher than yourself. You also must win half or more of your total matches to qualify for the championship division.

To qualify for the gold division you only need 4 out of 12 winning matches, and to qualify for the silver division
you only need a minimum of 2 out of 12 winning matches.

Additionally and optionally of course you can earn commission by enrolling your friends/acquaintances into this singles league in order to help grow the league.

For further information on joining this singles league please message me.
While on the surface, a singles league appears promising, it is structurally difficult to operate without a substantial support system already in place.

Your initial statement does not give a clear picture of the structure, for example, is it a for profit or non profit system? Who are the Board Members who will be responsible for oversight of the organization, its functions, finances, and rewards? What rules will apply, and who is the arbiter of decision making on interpreting those rules?

These and many more questions are needed.

I developed a program while at the BCA back in the 90's for a Single Player System for the U.S. Military, called the BCA/MWR Pool League System. It sounds similar to yours.
That was a program that had all of the necessary infrastructure in place, but lacked widespread support from the BCA Board. Timing always plays a role in the success of an idea.

I'd like to see the structure you have developed for your idea.

Good Luck,
Carl Semmes