New Table check it out

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
Wonder if this table is any good? Im not sure what the brand name is but I do know they are available in 8' and 9' and available with 3 peice slate

7082.jpg

Worth 1,899?

SPINDOKTOR

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SPINDOKTOR said:
Wonder if this table is any good? Im not sure what the brand name is but I do know they are available in 8' and 9' and available with 3 peice slate

Worth 1,899?

SPINDOKTOR

I can't say I've played on EVERY commercial table ever built but I've played on quite a few. There has always been a very simple rule when it comes to tables. Whenever you go with anything but Brunswick, you are taking a chance. Now, there are obvious exceptions to this rule and I'll list a few but anything else is barely worth it.

Diamond - Probably the best commercial table on the market today. It has emerged as the most popular among professionals and high caliber amateurs. Simple looks, challenging pockets and consistent rails make this table quite possibly the industry standard in the near future.

Gandi - Now out of business, this table manufacturer did quite well in the Color of Money boom. Its elegant black finish made it a nice (and cheaper) alternative to the Brunswick Black Crown. Although they play very similar to Brunswicks having identical pocket dimensions and rail material, their ball-return system is of much lesser quality. Excellent for home use. Not ideal for commercial use.

AMF - Nearly identical in design to the Brunswick Gold Crown, AMF tables have always been very popular with pool players, especially the nostaligic ones. Like Gandi, they are meant to over a lower price point with the GC III and are not built quite as well. However, they play identically to its rivals. A very nice table, especially at the time for the money.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I don't care much for any kind of table that still requires the pockets to be nailed in, not with todays knowledge of how to mount pockets with machine screws like Brunswick's Gold Crowns, or the ultimate leather pocket liners like what Diamond uses on their commercial tables. Nailing in pockets as far as I'm concerned is so last decade, because it's so distructive to the end rails.

Glen

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
Id be very interested in your opinion, you being a professional table mechanic, I know its hard to tell from the pic, if the price was right would you recomend this table for commercial use?

SPINDOKTOR

realkingcobra said:
I don't care much for any kind of table that still requires the pockets to be nailed in, not with todays knowledge of how to mount pockets with machine screws like Brunswick's Gold Crowns, or the ultimate leather pocket liners like what Diamond uses on their commercial tables. Nailing in pockets as far as I'm concerned is so last decade, because it's so distructive to the end rails.

Glen

Purdman

Banned
SPINDOKTOR said:
Id be very interested in your opinion, you being a professional table mechanic, I know its hard to tell from the pic, if the price was right would you recomend this table for commercial use?

SPINDOKTOR

Would they allow you to try it out before you purchase it? If not, I wouldn't take the chance.
JMHO, Purdman :)

av84fun

Banned
SPINDOKTOR said:

SPINDOKTOR

Why do I think we are being set up?? (-:

It's probably some super-custom table built for the Sultan of Bahrain at a cost of $25,000.00.

No disrespect intended...just kidding around...but suspicious!

(-:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
SPINDOKTOR said:

SPINDOKTOR
That's a hard question to answer, but I'll try. In my opinion..."First time I've ever used that phrase:D" if the tables are being looked at to form a "Pool Hall" so to speak, I'd worry about training/convincing my customers to play on the tables. Second, I'd be looking at the net value of the tables down the road as to what they'd be worth if I wanted to sell them off to upgrade my tables to say...Brunswicks or Diamonds. Third, with the market and pool room customers as educated as most are today, I'd be scared as hell not opening a room with my best foot forward first, right out the gate, as in owning 3 rooms in the past, you don't get a chance to do it over again by saying..."hey guys, will you come back if I have different tables?????????" Cheap up front, can cost you much more in the long run:D I know most people separate players as either ball bangers or players, but if I had to open a room just for players...I wouldn't waste my money...I'd go broke before the first months rent was due. As far as ball bangers go, they PAY the bills in a pool room, ANY pool room, but you have to first understand the ball bangers. They are NOT loyal to your room, but they ARE loyal to their friends, and if some of their friends find a better place to play pool...because the tables are "better" then their friends are going to follow them to the new room to play there from now on. So, anyone that is looking to buy these tables for a new pool room are going to have to decide...are they the room in which ball bangers are going to leave from to go and play somewhere new, or is this going to be the room that ball bangers leave the other places to play and start playing there...because of the make of the tables?

Glen

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
I will go out on a limb...and risk getting my head chopped off.

From thie pic, it looks like some kind of matted finish...I would be suspisious of particle board.

However....for all I know from the pic...all that white could be some kind of ivory.......(but I have a hunch that it is not)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Judging by the picture above, I'd say the rails are 1 1/2" thick, which means they're made out of two thicknesses of 3/4" plywood, which also means they're using an Olhausen type of cushions. I'd even go so far as to say the rail blinds are made from 1/2" or 5/8" particle board, with a paper thin laminate for looks. The pockets don't sit flat because of the corner brackets. The leg pedestals are most likely made from either MDF or particle board as well with some sort of 1/4" plywood for the exterior look. The rails more than likely either have some kind of nut plate, or center mounted t-nuts for the rail bolts, which would be a nightmare to repair or replace. Even the leg levelers look cheap, as in maybe only using a 1/2" threaded rod to mount the levelers to the bottoms of the leg pedestals.

Once again..."Just my OPINION":D

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just want all you AZ'ers to know...I have now used the words "In my opinion" twice now since December of 06, and both times in this thread;)

Glen

It hurts, but I guess I'll just have to get over it:D

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
realkingcobra said:
Judging by the picture above, I'd say the rails are 1 1/2" thick, which means they're made out of two thicknesses of 3/4" plywood, which also means they're using an Olhausen type of cushions. I'd even go so far as to say the rail blinds are made from 1/2" or 5/8" particle board, with a paper thin laminate for looks. The pockets don't sit flat because of the corner brackets. The leg pedestals are most likely made from either MDF or particle board as well with some sort of 1/4" plywood for the exterior look. The rails more than likely either have some kind of nut plate, or center mounted t-nuts for the rail bolts, which would be a nightmare to repair or replace. Even the leg levelers look cheap, as in maybe only using a 1/2" threaded rod to mount the levelers to the bottoms of the leg pedestals.

Glen

This informed post lead me to guess correctly. You can see this table by clicking this link. Looks like Glen knows his stuff!

Cory

P.S. It might still be a decent deal for the price, since it is a slate surface.

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
realkingcobra said:

Glen
In summary, then it's a POS???

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Cory in DC said:
This informed post lead me to guess correctly. You can see this table by clicking this link. Looks like Glen knows his stuff!

Cory

P.S. It might still be a decent deal for the price, since it is a slate surface.
Most pool tables have slate, even Sears tables, but having slate alone in a table don't make it a good table to buy, or play on:D it just makes it a table...that's all, as in a table needs something to put the cloth on for the balls to roll on:D

Glen

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
That table is a non slate table, the ones I mentioned are...

I believe I was told the material is indeed MDF......

I was just pondering the idea, because I can have these tables made to my specs... What specs is the question, but in light of realkingcobra's input, I believe id rather go with Diamond professional's..

with these tables as described, I would have to order at least 30 tables.. and this being Direct from the plant.

It was an idea, and I thank you fellow Azer's for helping me make these decisions before I might have made a costly mistake..

SPINDOKTOR

Cory in DC said:

Cory