News on Julie Nogiec and Scott Morgan?

FrogKissin

Anne - I still love pool
Silver Member
I have heard sad news that Scott Morgan and Julie Nogiec have passed on? Does anyone have any other information?

CharlesUFarley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the first I have heard about this. I don't know who Julie is, but i know Scott. I haven't seen him in several months, but the condition he was in makes this news not very shocking. Sad if it's true. We weren't what I would call friends, but he was a nice enough guy. I would be interested in getting more info on this.

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the first I have heard about this. I don't know who Julie is, but i know Scott. I haven't seen him in several months, but the condition he was in makes this news not very shocking. Sad if it's true. We weren't what I would call friends, but he was a nice enough guy. I would be interested in getting more info on this.

What condition was he in? Lots of questions and very few answers here.

FrogKissin

Anne - I still love pool
Silver Member
Re: Scott Morgan - his brother Stephen had posted on Scott's Facebook page yesterday that Scott was no longer with us but offered no further explanation.

For those who don't know, Julie Nogiec has been part of the women's billiard community for as long as I can remember, I used to compete against her and ladies such as Mary Hopkin and Jan McWorter years ago on the So Cal Women's Ladies 9 Ball Tour. Julie was a tough competitor and a nice lady and apparently passed on yesterday, but due to separate reasons than Scott - a very sad and strange coincidence...

I have heard no specific's as to what happened for either of them but my heartfelt condolences go out to both families.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Re: Scott Morgan - his brother Stephen had posted on Scott's Facebook page yesterday that Scott was no longer with us but offered no further explanation.

For those who don't know, Julie Nogiec has been part of the women's billiard community for as long as I can remember, I used to compete against her and ladies such as Mary Hopkin and Jan McWorter years ago on the So Cal Women's Ladies 9 Ball Tour. Julie was a tough competitor and a nice lady and apparently passed on yesterday, but due to separate reasons than Scott - a very sad and strange coincidence...

I have heard no specific's as to what happened for either of them but my heartfelt condolences go out to both families.

Scotty and his girlfriend moved from Tucson about 7 years or so ago. He said they were headed to California, that's the last I heard of him. I don't recall his girlfriends name, but I never saw her play pool at all. She was always in the pool hall and very quiet, but I don't think she ever played.
This Julie you speak of, this is another person right?

I remember Scotty being a very solid player. He was wanting to get more action than Tucson allowed. He said that there were guys in California who would spot him the 6.

Scotty was a lil quirky at times but a good pool player. Sorry to here he has passed.:sorry:

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Julie

Scotty and his girlfriend moved from Tucson about 7 years or so ago. He said they were headed to California, that's the last I heard of him. I don't recall his girlfriends name, but I never saw her play pool at all. She was always in the pool hall and very quiet, but I don't think she ever played.
This Julie you speak of, this is another person right?

I remember Scotty being a very solid player. He was wanting to get more action than Tucson allowed. He said that there were guys in California who would spot him the 6.

Scotty was a lil quirky at times but a good pool player. Sorry to here he has passed.:sorry:
Julie's father owned the Cue Club in Vegas. Don't know if he still does. Julie played several times on the AZWPT a few years ago.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Julie's father owned the Cue Club in Vegas. Don't know if he still does. Julie played several times on the AZWPT a few years ago.

Henry

Still does, or did a few months ago. Super nice guy, and not afraid to bet it up.

Really, really surprised to hear about Julie. Super nice girl.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
124316230.jpg

Last edited:

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Such devastating news.... :(

Thoughts and comfort to her friends and family. Julie was an awesome woman.

My thoughts and comfort are also being sent to Scott and his family. Although I didn't know him, a tough time all around.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Weird but sadly true. They both passed away on the same day, May 6. From what I understand Julie's passing is a suspected suicide and Scotty from an overdose. I don't want to say anymore at this time. Henry still owns the Cue Club. I called to offer my condolences earlier today. We didn't talk long, it was just too hard for him. My heart goes out to all Julie's family.

She was a neat lady, with a beautiful smile that radiated and filled the room. She grew up in Canada and learned snooker from an early age. Her dad's first poolroom was up there in British Columbia. Can't remember if it was Calgary or Winnipeg. Julie shot as straight as anyone on tour back in the 90's and reached as high as 12th in the rankings. Her last job was at the Cue Club as I recall. I think she was 37 or 38.

Scotty spent many years in the L.A. area scuffling around playing pool. He was a decent shortstop who was his own worst enemy, due to his quick temper. I talked to him recently and he asked for a copy of my book, which I sent to him in Hawaii, where he was living. He called me two weeks ago to tell me how much he enjoyed it, but wanted to know why he wasn't mentioned in there. I promised to put him in my next book. He had just moved back to Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago and played in last Sunday's tourney at Hard Times. Tang said he saw him two days ago. Scotty was also in his 30's.

A sad ending to two very young lives. A twist of fate that they died on the same day.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
During my last visit to Vegas in March, Julie came into the Cue Club. She looked fantastic!!!!! Almost didn't recognize her. She had lost a significant amount of weight. The old twinkle in her eyes was back. We played a few racks together before one of her girlfriends showed up and she left. Julie was a wonderful practice partner. Always played hard. Evidently the weight of her life finally took its toll. My condolences to Henry and her mother. She will be missed:sad:.

Lyn

Arcman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My condolences

My deepest sympathy goes out to Henry, Josie & Dale...
It has been many years since they lived & played in Winnipeg, Manitoba owning and running Crystal Palace...
She will dearly be missed by the pool community, and I am quite sure she will be running racks with the other greats of the past...
Rest in Peace

Gord

Kerry Impson

Former player
Silver Member
I am so shocked and saddened to hear about this....Julie was a fine player and a fun, kind person. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family, especially her father.

Th1s1sGK

Weird but sadly true. They both passed away on the same day, May 6. From what I understand Julie's passing is a suspected suicide and Scotty from an overdose. I don't want to say anymore at this time. Henry still owns the Cue Club. I called to offer my condolences earlier today. We didn't talk long, it was just too hard for him. My heart goes out to all Julie's family.

She was a neat lady, with a beautiful smile that radiated and filled the room. She grew up in Canada and learned snooker from an early age. Her dad's first poolroom was up there in British Columbia. Can't remember if it was Calgary or Winnipeg. Julie shot as straight as anyone on tour back in the 90's and reached as high as 12th in the rankings. Her last job was at the Cue Club as I recall. I think she was 37 or 38.

Scotty spent many years in the L.A. area scuffling around playing pool. He was a decent shortstop who was his own worst enemy, due to his quick temper. I talked to him recently and he asked for a copy of my book, which I sent to him in Hawaii, where he was living. He called me two weeks ago to tell me how much he enjoyed it, but wanted to know why he wasn't mentioned in there. I promised to put him in my next book. He had just moved back to Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago and played in last Sunday's tourney at Hard Times. Tang said he saw him two days ago. Scotty was also in his 30's.

A sad ending to two very young lives. A twist of fate that they died on the same day.

I heard the same that it was suicide. Her mom was on the way to Vegas Saturday to bring her back to the LA area. But she had already killed herself two hours before her mother got there. I heard that she went over to an ex boyfriends house to pick up some of her things and used his gun. I heard service will be at the glass church in RPV (Wayfarers). This Sunday the 16 of May. R.I.P. Julie and Scott. GK

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
I hate to sound ignorant, but are we suggesting Scott passed away from an overdose and that's why Julie did this? I am under the assumption that they were b/f g/f? No one has specifically said that so I am only inferring and my apologies if these are not appropriate questions.

Like I said before, Julie was a gem. She will be missed. :(

Th1s1sGK

I hate to sound ignorant, but are we suggesting Scott passed away from an overdose and that's why Julie did this? I am under the assumption that they were b/f g/f? No one has specifically said that so I am only inferring and my apologies if these are not appropriate questions.

Like I said before, Julie was a gem. She will be missed. :(

No two separate lives. Just happened to both be pool players died on the same day.

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does one say at a time like this except, we will miss her dearly, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family....R.I.P my friend.

Grace