Newsheriffintwn custom - Purple heart/Olivewood/Copper

kavik79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Designed by yours truly, brought to life by Newsheriffintwn
Absolutely one of the top 3 most gorgeous cues I've ever seen in person

Full review can be found here: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=477260

Specs:
Materials - Black linen micarta; copper inlay, rings, and joint; purple heart; olivewood
Butt - 16.2oz
Shaft 1 - 3.8oz - Pro Taper - Juma ferrule - 12.35mm Med Kamikaze tip
Shaft 2 - 4.0oz - Euro Taper - Micarta ferrule - 12.55mm water buffalo tip
Joint - 3/8x10 aluminum pin with wood to wood contact, a nice solid feel

My photoshopped creation on top vs the actual product below.....did he nail it or what?!?
41418289180_592166c4d7_h.jpg

42323713995_1fb416e38c_h.jpg

42323714485_7f21b7a56b_h.jpg

(JPs were his design, my only request was to be able to differentiate between shafts without pulling them out. I liked his solution)

41418288570_b35ac4c896_h.jpg

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that's a nice cue, and I'm not usually a fan of segmented handles. The copper plays really well, and the purpleheart has some figure. The olive has do much color to it I thought it was tulip at first. Really nice.

kavik79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that's a nice cue, and I'm not usually a fan of segmented handles. The copper plays really well, and the purpleheart has some figure. The olive has do much color to it I thought it was tulip at first. Really nice.

I'm having a little trouble with the white balance here, now that I'm looking on a different monitor.
The finish gave the olive a little yellow tint, but not a ton. It looks right on my laptop, but looks almost orange on my phone.
In person it's just a hair darker than natural olive wood

But, yeah, the amount of figuring for a piece this large is VERY nice. Olive usually has more figure in the small branches and loses it as it grows

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ijust wanted to say
I like the cue

And Deanoc knows his cues.

The man puts his money where his mouth is. Straight up.

Now...how do they play?

This maker has a solid reputation around here.

I want to see where this will go.

kavik79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks deanoc :)

ChopDoc,
That's actually kinda hard for me to answer at the moment lol
When the cue arrived I was just getting over surgery on my dominant eye. I got a couple hours of play, but with blurry vision.
I can say it felt reeeeaal good. A nice solid hit.
I can't say about deflection or anything like that, as my aim sucked for anything more than half way down the table.

The eye cleared up, and i had a plan to get back out and play weekly again, then I dislocated my left shoulder... My bridge arm. So no weight on that with it extended for a while :banghead:

Will be a couple more weeks probably till I get back on a table.
But initial feel was great!

Definitely liked the feel of the shaft with the pro taper and smaller tip better, but that's subjective. I had him do one of each because I really wasn't sure which I wanted

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish you a speedy recovery. :smile:

And I look forward to hearing a more thorough report about how the cue plays.

Definitely beautiful. :thumbup:

kavik79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish you a speedy recovery. :smile:

And I look forward to hearing a more thorough report about how the cue plays.

Definitely beautiful. :thumbup:

Thank you sir, I'm definitely eager for the pain to be gone and to get back out there!