not even sure what i should call this thread??

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Don't fire the MRS yet! In the last two pics...looks like the wood matches up just fine. Yes, there are some lighter areas of the handle, but it's wood for crissakes! Honestly, I am guessing that the flash on the camera probably 'washed' some of the color out.

Also, I have yet to see a piece of figured wood that did not have a 'bad side'...if you know what I mean. Anymore, it's getting harder to find even a nice solid jet black in Gabon.

Roll the cue over and take another pic from the other side...I bet it's just fine.

And seriously...for a half-blind, color blind guy...you do a pretty damn fine job with your wood and veneer combos.

Lisa

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Don't fire the MRS yet! In the last two pics...looks like the wood matches up just fine. Yes, there are some lighter areas of the handle, but it's wood for crissakes! Honestly, I am guessing that the flash on the camera probably 'washed' some of the color out.

Also, I have yet to see a piece of figured wood that did not have a 'bad side'...if you know what I mean. Anymore, it's getting harder to find even a nice solid jet black in Gabon.

Roll the cue over and take another pic from the other side...I bet it's just fine.

And seriously...for a half-blind, color blind guy...you do a pretty damn fine job with your wood and veneer combos.

Lisa
hey lisa, i cant fire her
todays our 34th anniversary
i'll try some pics outside in the sun ;)

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
I can't help you with the color scheme for the simple fact that I'm in the same boat as you, or maybe worse since you are seeing purple. (wtf color is that, I've never seen it).

I have a theory, all these people claiming to see all of these different colors are living in a fantasy world. It's people like us that see things the way they should.

having said that, it won't help you with real life applications but I've become very dependant on a tool for my pc that reads the pixel definition on the computer and reports the color back.

it's called "whatcolor" and you can find it here.

http://www.hikarun.com/e/

SPINDOKTOR

lool wtf??
Silver Member
:D well i like your cues, and I do remember you gave me a couple shafts awhile back, for a Mcdermott I believe, so im going to give you my honest opinion, your cues are by far some of the best designs I have seen, and I know from the shafts you gave me that was your "junk" your cues play lights out...

I didnt know you was color blind tho lloooool xP

as most people on here that i have dealt with,
know i am terribly colorblind
i mean it's bad folks, really bad :(
so with that in mind, what I am seeing,
most likely isnt what people with normal vision see

someone told me the other day that my color scheme of a cue was off,
that the handle just doesn't go with the rest of the cue
i'd like to hear some other viewpoints about it,
and if the majority of people agree ,
i may just go back and do a leather wrap over it

i have to get my wife or whoever else may be around at the time to help me sort out veneers,
and i always have to ask her if THIS wood goes with THAT wood
she picked out the handle for this one

pics arent the greatest
what I see is a purplish tint in the east indian handle,
but not as purple as the top butterflys of east indian
what do you non color blind folks see?
thank you in advance for your decorating skills :thumbup:

EI1.jpg

EI2.jpg

EI3.jpg

JustinHayes

I'll need an Orange Crush
Silver Member
It's a beautiful cue, but it does look to me like the handle doesn't match the inner part of the veneers all that well. The veneers are darker and redder, to my eyes, than the handle.

I agree with Mr. Manning.... but I think the subtle difference in color is a good contrast. I like it that way.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Hey, Brent how've you been?

Since you ask, I also feel that the handle is a little mis-matched with the butterflies. I think either an ebony handle, or a maple one, would set off those butterflies much better. A black leather wrap would also look great. In general, I think that two highly figured woods tend to compete with each other too much and should be avoided, especially in sections that are adjacent.

Tim
hiya tim
if it sits around here for awhile making me think about it,
i'll do black leather

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
:D well i like your cues, and I do remember you gave me a couple shafts awhile back, for a Mcdermott I believe, so im going to give you my honest opinion, your cues are by far some of the best designs I have seen, and I know from the shafts you gave me that was your "junk" your cues play lights out...

I didnt know you was color blind tho lloooool xP
oh yeah i remember now
i was always the guy in school that had different color sox on :D
solved that problem, i go barefoot now, like WILLEE

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I think it looks great. What I'm seeing is basically a natural dark stained brown grip area with colorful butterfly bits flying out of the top and bottom. I don't mind that the handle is brown and the other stuff is blue and purple (which I really love). It's like a 2-tone natural wood cue that has colorful accents added. Red accents don't blend on a black car either but that doesn't mean they look bad.

IMO you have a really nice cue there and making the handle a less natural bluer/purpler/whatever shade won't improve it.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
decision time
another az'er is interested in it the way it is,
but he's a little strapped for cash as the rest of america is
so, i'm giving him a little time to come up with some bucks
if he cant, i'm going to do a leather wrap on it :thumbup:
and thank you all for your input, thoughts, ideas, etc.