OB Break Shaft and Jumping Question

mooseman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone used the OB Break shaft on a jump cue?

I JUST picked up an OB Break cue and was going to play around with different options. ie I have an old Joss jump handle that has a 5/16-14 thread so the OB Break shaft will fit nicely.

Unfortunately I'm not going to get any tabletime until Thursday, so I'm just trying to get opinions.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

I JUST picked up an OB Break cue and was going to play around with different options. ie I have an old Joss jump handle that has a 5/16-14 thread so the OB Break shaft will fit nicely.

Unfortunately I'm not going to get any tabletime until Thursday, so I'm just trying to get opinions.

Don't know about the OBs but the Predator shaft won't jump

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I have one and put it on a jump break cue. I can jump with it, no problem.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Break cues and jump cues have fundamentally different requirements. The whole point of a jump shot is to maximize the deflection (squirt) of the cue ball. Any low deflection shaft has essentially the opposite goal. This is why its best to have a dedicated jump cue and a dedicated break cue.

My OB Classic playing shaft jumps terribly. Same for my Predator shafts. My BK2 can jump semi-adequately due to the very hard phenolic tip. But it will never compare to a purpose built jump cue with really high end mass. (Like my Jacoby jump cue, which is about twice as good as the next best jump cue I've tried!!)

KMRUNOUT