OB cues shut down?

TeddyKGB

Not starting any rumors, just curious. Is OB shutting down?

They dont have any products on their website and it looks like they removed their facebook page.

Zerksies

They dont have any products on their website and it looks like they removed their facebook page.
I would think so, They were good for about a minute. Who knows today

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I

Interesting, I hope not

My issue with OB cues is they changed the product design every few weeks.

I purchased 4 classic shafts. I still use them. Then OB did away with all their known products and started making stuff up.

Resin shaft, Phoenix shaft etc ...

The original products are still good, so why not improve on that design.

My two cents

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering the same, but didn't want to say anything. I emailed OB about 10 dsys ago and got no response.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Royce's wife can pick up the company for $0, and restore the company to what is once was.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
unrelated, yet a similar situation

don't know if it was this article or one I had seen a couple days ago,
owner said pool has been in a decline for a few, several years now...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if things have anything to do with how they brought in Dale Perry as a consultant.
Dale came in to help with CNC stuff. Don't think that has anything to do here. I thought that after Mark Griffin bought in they'd move forward. I think they found out that making cues here in the US ain't cheap to do. It always boils down to the $$.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dale came in to help with CNC stuff. Don't think that has anything to do here. I thought that after Mark Griffin bought in they'd move forward. I think they found out that making cues here in the US ain't cheap to do. It always boils down to the $$.
The part that scares me is the Chinese will buy them out.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The part that scares me is the Chinese will buy them out.
Kinda doubt that. They might buy the name but they won't make cues here when they have state-of-the-art shops back in Taiwan/China. I was hoping it was OB that was taking over Meucci but that doesn't look to be in the cards.